• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt 2 and GPO

Share/Bookmark

Question Kontakt 2 and GPO

Hello

I'm thinking about upgrading to Kontakt 2. However, I remember reading somewhere here that there were issues between Kontakt 2 and GPO. Are there still problems between the two?? If issues still exist between Kontakt 2 and GPO, what are these issues and what may be the "work-around" to these issues??

Thank you ahead of time!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Re: Kontakt 2 and GPO

If there are any compatability issues, I certainly haven't come across them yet. K2 and GPO work together fine for me, either using K2 as a standalone or as a VST plugin.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Ted,

Check THIS THREAD
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by billp
    Ted,

Check THIS THREAD

Last post on that thread was mid-may. I don't know if the 2.01 patch was out then, but I've got the patch and it is still not working.

Any updates?
    - Layne

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke
    Hello

I'm thinking about upgrading to Kontakt 2. However, I remember reading somewhere here that there were issues between Kontakt 2 and GPO. Are there still problems between the two?? If issues still exist between Kontakt 2 and GPO, what are these issues and what may be the "work-around" to these issues??

Thank you ahead of time!

Ted
    I`m not sure if you should upgrade to Kontakt 2,
    because I upgraded and its a CPU hog.. If your a Windows users
    I don`t know, but if your a Mac user it defenitly eats more power then
    Kontakt 1, and it maybe good to wait for them to optimize it for
    OSX.
    Or maybe they changed there top priority list to the Intel Mac`s

Smile Re: Kontakt 2 and GPO

Appreciate the replies. Thank you!

I was looling for the link provided because I remember reading about about it here a while back. Thank you for providing a link.

I have a Dell 650 Precision Workstation: 280 mhz Xeon, with 2GB Ram, Windows XP SP1, a bunch of hard drives. Don't know if this information may be helpful in determing if possible problems exist with this PC, Kontakt 2 and GPO.

I like the features found in the new Kontakt 2 upgrade. I also like the sound libraries that come with the upgrade. This is why I'm interested in purchasing it. But I don't necessarily have to purchase it anytime soon.

Will continue to follow this (and the other) thread before my final decision to purchase it is made.

Warm regards,

Ted

I'm afraid that if you don't have at least a two-gigaHertz CPU that things will bog down quickly. You also need much, much RAM.

I have a 2.4 gig CPU with 1-1/2 gigabytes of RAM and I am having problems with Kontakt 2. The big piano requires so much of the resources that it crashes my system when I load it.

Some users, however, have reported no problems.

Regards,

Larry Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    I'm afraid that if you don't have at least a two-gigaHertz CPU that things will bog down quickly. You also need much, much RAM.

I have a 2.4 gig CPU with 1-1/2 gigabytes of RAM and I am having problems with Kontakt 2. The big piano requires so much of the resources that it crashes my system when I load it.

Some users, however, have reported no problems.

Regards,

Larry Alexander
    I think he actually meant that he has a 2.8 GHz Xeon. The slowest Xeon Intel ever made was 1.4 GHz.

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke
    Appreciate the replies. Thank you!

I was looling for the link provided because I remember reading about about it here a while back. Thank you for providing a link.

I have a Dell 650 Precision Workstation: 280 mhz Xeon, with 2GB Ram, Windows XP SP1, a bunch of hard drives. Don't know if this information may be helpful in determing if possible problems exist with this PC, Kontakt 2 and GPO.

I like the features found in the new Kontakt 2 upgrade. I also like the sound libraries that come with the upgrade. This is why I'm interested in purchasing it. But I don't necessarily have to purchase it anytime soon.

Will continue to follow this (and the other) thread before my final decision to purchase it is made.

Warm regards,

Ted
    Ted:

Does your system have one CPU or two? Dual-Xeon configurations are very common.

Regardless, your system should run Kontakt 2 handily. The CPU bugs seem to be more common for the Mac OS than Windows anyway at the moment, and Native Instruments will be resolving any major issues with free updates. You already have a robust enough system, so if you have the time to learn it and the money to buy it, I don't see why you should wait to invest in Kontakt 2.

Oops. . . I meant 2.8 gigahertz (GHz). Oops. . .

It's only a 1 CPU system. I checked into purchasing a second processor. It's gonna cost nearly $1000 from dell! Going to think long and hard about THAT particular upgrade. I would rather purchase software and sound libraries!!

Again, thank you for the thoughtful responses.

Warm regards,

Ted

OK, here's the latest: The GPO problem with K2 has indeed been fixed (I just now tested it.) The fix should make it into the public version soon if it's not there in the latest release. So, I no longer have any particular cautions for GPO users except to have a nice powerful computer to run things on - you'll need it to take advantage of the more CPU-intensive K2 features. My 2.4ghz machine is on the edge when convolution is brought into play. A 3ghz machine or faster would probably do much better. I haven't tested it yet on my 3ghz machine to see how substantial the gains are.

Tom

Go Back to forum