• Register
  • Help

Topic: White Grand Jr. Jr. (killer mono live piano)

Share/Bookmark

White Grand Jr. Jr. (killer mono live piano)

So.....on a whim, for those occasions where I need to be in mono, I made a
    mono version of White Grand Jr. by batch splitting the stereo samples, and
    making the sample pool consist of the right samples from (I forget exactly)
    about middle C up, and the left samples for the lower notes. Sounds much better than summing the 2 sides, is only 1/2 the size, fits comfortably into RAM on my Receptor allowing me to forgo streaming from disc and play at lower latencies, and plays beautifully.
    I'm pretty happy about it and suggest doing the same to any White Grand Jr. owners (or other pianos for that matter) who may need a killer mono piano for gigs.

Re: White Grand Jr. Jr. (killer mono live piano)

Quote Originally Posted by Beethree
    So.....on a whim, for those occasions where I need to be in mono, I made a
    mono version of White Grand Jr. by batch splitting the stereo samples, and
    making the sample pool consist of the right samples from (I forget exactly)
    about middle C up, and the left samples for the lower notes. Sounds much better than summing the 2 sides, is only 1/2 the size, fits comfortably into RAM on my Receptor allowing me to forgo streaming from disc and play at lower latencies, and plays beautifully.
    I'm pretty happy about it and suggest doing the same to any White Grand Jr. owners (or other pianos for that matter) who may need a killer mono piano for gigs.
    Would this sound better than just summing the stereo signal into mono? I know summing my other stereo sample libraries doesn't sound as good as the original stereo version, but I was just curious if your approach would be better.

It absolutely sounds better than summing to my ears - at least w/ this sample set.

Quote Originally Posted by Beethree
    It absolutely sounds better than summing to my ears - at least w/ this sample set.
    Cool - I'm going to check it out!

Go Back to forum