• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question about GPO Upgrades...

Share/Bookmark

Question about GPO Upgrades...

Hi there... I just recently got GPO from the group buy and it sounds great... anyway, I went over to the Garritan page, looked at the upgrades page and basically, outside of the harp packets and the update documentation, I don't see anything else there that I really need... Am I correct in this assumption, or should there be something else I should download to make GPO more "up to date"? Any info appreciated... I"m using Sonar 4...

Re: Question about GPO Upgrades...

Welcome to GPOland.

Unless I haven't been keeping up, which is usually the case, I'd say you're good to go. Have a great time with GPO and let's hear some music.

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro
    Hi there... I just recently got GPO from the group buy and it sounds great... anyway, I went over to the Garritan page, looked at the upgrades page and basically, outside of the harp packets and the update documentation, I don't see anything else there that I really need... Am I correct in this assumption, or should there be something else I should download to make GPO more "up to date"? Any info appreciated... I"m using Sonar 4...
    Well, I think the X-Custom library has to be downloaded separately. I don't think it ships with GPO, group buy or otherwise. I recommend getting it. I use it daily.

There is also available an update to the GPO Kontakt Player that was released 3 days ago, but it does not appear essential except in special cases.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    There is also available an update to the GPO Kontakt Player that was released 3 days ago, but it does not appear essential except in special cases.

Richard
    ...whaat? where? there was nothing announced. does the update fix the dfd streaming problems? sth wrong with the ni website atm. can't log in

....no fix for the dfd streaming bug yet ...is there a chance that this will be fixed

Did you download the GPO Studio v1.2? That is very useful, especially if you're using GPO with a notation program. This did not ship with the group buy and needs to be downloaded as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaLove
    ...whaat? where? there was nothing announced. does the update fix the dfd streaming problems? sth wrong with the ni website atm. can't log in
    I just checked out the update. Unless you use Logic, Pro tools or cubase, doesn't look like it changes anything. It does look like they've fixed the AU validation problems under Tiger though .
    Tim

Tim,

did you download version 1.1.8.3. NI just put this version up a few days ago. This should have fixed the validation issues with Tiger.

Let me know what version you have installed.

Gary Garritan

Gary,

I won't be able to install the new update until thursday night (possibly wednesday if I'm lucky), but I'll let you know how things are running thursday night.
    Tim

Just a quick update. I installed the new update, and everything is validating and running perfectly here on OSX Tiger and logic pro 7.1.
    Tim

Go Back to forum