• Register
  • Help

Topic: Afternoon Trifle

Share/Bookmark

Afternoon Trifle

I did this this afternoon to amuse myself while doing laundry. It's called Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring from Bach's Cantata 147. I know somebodies going ask which organ I used. It is Organ B with Full Organ and Hauptwerk All Stops alternated. Enjoy.

Jesu, Bleibet Meine Freude
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Thumbs up Re: Afternoon Trifle

Very nicely done! Sounds as if you are really in a church setting or a grand hall! Nice ... very nice. I don't understand why no one else is listening but hey, I liked it very much!
    Styxx

Re: Afternoon Trifle

As a Bach lover I wish to congratulate you on a very musical realisation of this great piece. How do you get the strings to sound so "real"?. As a new user I would like to get similar results! well done.

Valhalx:

I enjoyed your Bach effort and the organ sounds very convincing. Isn't it amazing how uplifting his music is? Imagine the difficulty he had in his time getting his music down on paper and all of the publishing problems. If had GPO, or some other sample program, there's no telling how much more music he could have written.

Might have even had one or two more children (on top of the 21 he had) too.

Good Work..........

John
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Very nicely done! Sounds as if you are really in a church setting or a grand hall! Nice ... very nice. I don't understand why no one else is listening but hey, I liked it very much!
    Thanks. I was just messing around and had the score for Jesu and thought what the hey. The more I got into it...well. I intentionally kept the dymanics flat to give a congregational feel.
    Thanks again,
    Val

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene
    As a Bach lover I wish to congratulate you on a very musical realisation of this great piece. How do you get the strings to sound so "real"?. As a new user I would like to get similar results! well done.
    Eugene,
    Thanks for the comment,
    For the strings I used the "Lush" set. Legato was set at 115 percent and on Ambience I tweaked the "wet" setting up a notch.
    Thanks again,
    Val

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Valhalx:

I enjoyed your Bach effort and the organ sounds very convincing. Isn't it amazing how uplifting his music is? Imagine the difficulty he had in his time getting his music down on paper and all of the publishing problems. If had GPO, or some other sample program, there's no telling how much more music he could have written.

Might have even had one or two more children (on top of the 21 he had) too.

Good Work..........

John
    John,
    Thanks. I really love the organ(s) in GPO. The are amazing. I can just see Bach in a dark room with the glow of a computer monitor lighting his face as he is whipping out some massive orchestral suite or fugue. Just think, he wouldn't have to pay the town drunk to pump the bellows on the pipe organ.
    Thanks again,
    Val

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri

bach is so grand!...excellent rendition!...i'd like to hear you do some more of his works...may i suggest the overture to the orchestral suite in C i really love that piece

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    bach is so grand!...excellent rendition!...i'd like to hear you do some more of his works...may i suggest the overture to the orchestral suite in C i really love that piece
    Thanks. I happen to have that score laying around. I'll make that a project for the near future. I'm working on a Handel piece right now.
    Val

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri

Go Back to forum