• Register
  • Help

Topic: Registering GPO for a third time - Help!

Share/Bookmark

Registering GPO for a third time - Help!

Hi,

After my computer completely died on Saturday I've had to start it all again and reinstall windows. This mean I also need to reinstall GPO, and having already installed it on my laptop a few months ago, I was wondering whether I'll be able to register what is technically a third time.

I was under the impression that you could get two registrations under one copy.

Please help, what is the solution?

Cheers

TH

Re: Registering GPO for a third time - Help!

Hello Thomas,
    It's correct, that you can use two computers. If you reinstall your first one without any hardware change, you can use the same key than you got before from NI for that computer. If some was changed on the computer, go to the NI site und delete your registration for that computer. Then you can make the registration again.

regards
    Rainer

Thanks Rainer.

that's exactly right.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by RainerVolkenandt
    Hello Thomas,
    It's correct, that you can use two computers. If you reinstall your first one without any hardware change, you can use the same key than you got before from NI for that computer. If some was changed on the computer, go to the NI site und delete your registration for that computer. Then you can make the registration again.

regards
    Rainer

Yeah, when I was having motherboard troubles I kept having to reformat and reinstall and there was always something different so I had to keep killing old registrations in setting up new ones. It's a pain, but at least it can be done without much difficulty.

Go Back to forum