• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does release trigger work in K2?

Share/Bookmark

Does release trigger work in K2?

Hi everyone,

I read very carefully this section on the manual but it doesn't work for me. I changed the release trigger counter with several values from 0 to 5000 and nothing happened. The release sample always plays at the volume of the key was pressed it doesn't decrease with time.

Could anybody tell me how to set up this thing step by step, please? or is it a lack in Kontakt 2?

Thank you in advanced.

Lightbulb Re: Does release trigger work in K2?

I have not personally done anything yet with release samples, but, besides enabling and setting the value of the release trigger counter, don't you have to 'assign' the counter as a modulator of the release sample's playback volume and then set the 'Intensity Slider' appropriately? Have you done that part?
    Big Bob (aka Wonderful Bob)

Re: Does release trigger work in K2?

Hi Big Bob. Yes I did all you said but it doesn't work fine to me, maybe I am doing something wrong somewhere.

Is there anybody whose K2's release trigger works fine?

Thanks!

I will stay away from my computer for a week so I will check your answers when I'm back.

Cheers!

Thumbs up Re: Does release trigger work in K2?

Hi Big Bob. Yes I did all you said but it doesn't work fine to me, maybe I am doing something wrong somewhere.

Is there anybody whose K2's release trigger works fine?

Thanks!
    This function seems to work OK for me. Try the following experiment:

1. Load Violin ens 14 (sustain+rls).nki from the VSL. Located in Kontakt 2 Library\01 – VSL Kontakt Orchestra\01 Violin ensemble\03 Release Triggers.
    2. Save this instrument under some other name such as RlsTest.nki (so that the changes we make won’t alter the original file).
    3. Open the Group Editor and select only Group 1, then scroll down to the AHDSR and lower the Sustain value to –infinity. Now if you hit a key and release it, you will only hear the release sample when you lift the key. This will make it easier to hear what’s going on for the rest of the experiment.
    4. Now, in the Group Editor, select only Group 2 and set t = 3000ms. Also (with only Group 2 selected) click on the Modulation tab for the Amplifier and then click Add Modulator and select ‘rls trig counter’ (under External Sources).
    5. The modulation router that appears should have its Intensity Slider set to +100%, but if not, set it to +100%.
    Now press and release a key (holding the key down for various intervals from zero to 4 seconds). The release sample should sound each time you let up on the key but it will be quieter when you hold the key down longer. If you hold the key down for 3 or more seconds, the release sample will not be heard anymore. Obviously you can set t for some other value and/or adjust the Intensity Slider for lessor effect, etc.

Let me know if this works for you.

Bob

Thumbs up Re: Does release trigger work in K2?

Hi Big Bob, I'm back again and I checked all you said in your last post and I must say it just really works at last.

Thank you so much for your accurate explanation and example. I found it very confuse on the manual and it was driving me mad.

Very appreciate!

Cheers

Jeepers, Bob, you've only had Kontakt a wet week (as we say in Ireland) and already you know more about it than most of us :-)

Great stuff!

Kind regards.

Smile Re: Does release trigger work in K2?

What a terrific complement Dave, Thanks!

If only someone would have let me 'peek' at their manual while I was struggling with the demo, I might have been able to change my title to Super Bob! ;-)

Realy Neat Big Bob,

Who needs NI, we got you.

T. S.

Wow! You guys are gonna make me blush!

Go Back to forum