• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Topic: "Flute Exercise #23" (GPO flute and full organ)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Flute Exercise #23" (GPO flute and full organ)

    Boys and girls,

    This is my "Flute Exercise #23" featuring the GPO solo flute V and GPO full organ.

    Regards,

    Larry A.


    http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/larr...Exercise23.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Thumbs up Re: "Flute Exercise #23" (GPO flute and full organ)

    WOW Larry!!!
    What an exercise!!!!
    This is a beautiful piece wrote by a great master!!!!
    I really enjoy this piece.
    Only my congratulations for this work,
    I think it is really oustanding!!!!!
    I've always thought you are a great master!!!
    And as I told you in another post you have a great confidence with the keyboard instruments, really!!!!
    So what is your preferred instument?
    Only my congrats, Larry....

    Roberto

    P.S.
    It seems taht the file was truncated at the end, at least I believe!!!

  3. #3

    Re: "Flute Exercise #23" (GPO flute and full organ)

    Quote Originally Posted by beach
    WOW Larry!!!
    What an exercise!!!!
    This is a beautiful piece wrote by a great master!!!!
    I really enjoy this piece.
    Only my congratulations for this work,
    I think it is really oustanding!!!!!
    I've always thought you are a great master!!!
    And as I told you in another post you have a great confidence with the keyboard instruments, really!!!!
    So what is your preferred instument?
    Only my congrats, Larry....

    Roberto

    P.S.
    It seems taht the file was truncated at the end, at least I believe!!!
    Thanks, Roberto.

    I really have no preferred instrument. The sound of the harpsichord is pleasing to me and oboe is nice and...

    I repaired the truncation. The file should be OK now.

    Regards,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Smile Re: "Flute Exercise #23" (GPO flute and full organ)

    Thanks Larry, the file is OK!!!!
    What I mean is if you have a degree in piano, composition or anything else?
    Because it seems to me that you know how to make sounds right all the instruments!!!!!

    Best regards,
    Roberto

  5. #5
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: "Flute Exercise #23" (GPO flute and full organ)

    OK, Larry. I get it now. You're a mad scientist, right? Phantom of the Opera meets the fyfe player. This is another truelly amazing piece. You cook these up in your dungeon (basement / garage) and unleash them upon your fans. I am always waiting to see what masterwork is next.

    Val
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  6. #6

    Re: "Flute Exercise #23" (GPO flute and full organ)

    By golly, Larry, definitely one of your very best... a Baroque treasure.

    Might I humbly make one suggestion about the mix: that you perhaps center the flute and organ more.

    Definitely, let's have a few more like this one!

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  7. #7

    Re: "Flute Exercise #23" (GPO flute and full organ)

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    By golly, Larry, definitely one of your very best... a Baroque treasure.

    Might I humbly make one suggestion about the mix: that you perhaps center the flute and organ more.

    Definitely, let's have a few more like this one!

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    I did try to put both in the center but the organ "covered up" the flute almost completely in spite of everything I could do otherwise. So I separated them in the stereo field. I suppose that mixing is not my strong suit.

    Thanks for listening, Dave.

    Regards,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "Flute Exercise #23" (GPO flute and full organ)

    Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    OK, Larry. I get it now. You're a mad scientist, right? Phantom of the Opera meets the fyfe player. This is another truelly amazing piece. You cook these up in your dungeon (basement / garage) and unleash them upon your fans. I am always waiting to see what masterwork is next.

    Val
    You have found me out! Someday I will come upstairs to see what the sun looks like and then I will howl at the moon when it rises.

    Thanks for your comments.

    My best,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  9. #9

    Re: "Flute Exercise #23" (GPO flute and full organ)

    Hey Larry,

    I'm in agreement with the above, another nice piece. You are a guy that sure loves to write music. The joy you have in your craft always seems to shine through.

    About the Mix: Try panning them back to the center, but using a little less reverb on the flute will pull it to the front somewhat, thus giving it it’s own space.

    Now back to your basement.

    Karl

  10. #10

    Re: "Flute Exercise #23" (GPO flute and full organ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    Hey Larry,

    I'm in agreement with the above, another nice piece. You are a guy that sure loves to write music. The joy you have in your craft always seems to shine through.

    About the Mix: Try panning them back to the center, but using a little less reverb on the flute will pull it to the front somewhat, thus giving it it’s own space.

    Now back to your basement.

    Karl
    I shall try your suggestion, Karl. Thanks and regards.

    Igor Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •