• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Reaktor 5---So far, ROCKING

Share/Bookmark
    Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Reaktor 5---So far, ROCKING

Man, I just wanted to say that Reaktor 5 sounds and feels GREAT. Love Steampipe II. Much good stuff. I have been playing with it for about an hour, and so far, I am really impressed with all the new work.

Re: Reaktor 5---So far, ROCKING

Bruce -

I know GS/Kontakt/Kompakt, but never understood many of the other NI offerings. Can you give differentiators of Reaktor?

Joanne

Can you tell us more about the experience. I've got ATMOSPHERE first, but almost bought and am interested on what R5 will add to my life!

I'll join Bruce in the praise of Reaktor 5 here. It really is great! I got my upgrade to R5 a couple weeks ago, and I've just been playing with it non-stop ever since.

It's a big step forward in terms of stability and efficiency, the new GUI is great, and, unlike some earlier versions, it really feels rock-solid!
    The Core technology is a huge thing. To me this puts it a lot closer to MAX/MSP in terms of how advanced or low-level you want to get, while still keeping everything that's always been so great about Reaktor - which is that it's so easy to use, you can build stuff very quickly (at least relatively speaking) due to the large number of included modules and macros, and it can be used on so many different levels. If you're an advanced programmer, you can dig down deep and do whatever you want, but if you're someone who doesn't want to program, and just wants pre-built synths/effects/samplers/sequencers, there's still enough material included in it to keep you going for ever. And then there's the amazing NI User Library, which has tons and tons of amazing instruments. It seems every time I go there I find some new instrument that totally blows my mind.

The included library (and the user lib) tends to lean a bit toward the more experimental stuff, even more so now than with earlier versions, so Reaktor might not be everyone's cup of tea, but for anyone interested in expanding their horizons a bit when it comes to synth programming, or if you just want a ~~~~load of incredible instruments and effects to play with, I just can't recommend it highly enough.

As you can probably tell, I'm kind of into Reaktor...
    Sorry. I'm gonna stop my gushing now.

I do have one question, though, that maybe Bruce or someone else can answer.
    From the initial press releases for R5, I sort of got the sense that the new Core technology would enable us to turn our instruments into VST-plugins. I can't seem to find anything related to this in the documentation or in the program itself. Does anyone know anything about this? Did I just dream it?! Or is it something that the Core tech allows for, but it won't actually be added as a feature until future versions?
    This has been kind of a dream of mine for a while, so I wouldn't be surprised if I did in fact just dream it....

thanks,

Andreas Bjørck

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Hi Joanne,

I'd check out the NI Website for screenshots, etc., but Reaktor is essentially a software modular synth/sampler design environment where one can load up a huge number of completely different designs, or design completely new instruments.

I'd say the greatest thing about Reaktor is the number of amazing instruments in the User Library, synths that would never see the light of day as standalone products, but which are deadly cool...things like noise generators, drone generators, strange and wonderful beatboxes, fake theramins...you name it, someone has probably built and uploaded it.

It's quite literally like getting thousands of synths for the price of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    Hi Joanne,

I'd check out the NI Website for screenshots, etc., but Reaktor is essentially a software modular synth/sampler design environment where one can load up a huge number of completely different designs, or design completely new instruments.

I'd say the greatest thing about Reaktor is the number of amazing instruments in the User Library, synths that would never see the light of day as standalone products, but which are deadly cool...things like noise generators, drone generators, strange and wonderful beatboxes, fake theramins...you name it, someone has probably built and uploaded it.

Quite, but not really, because they all have the same sound source.

Question Re: Reaktor 5---So far, ROCKING

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    Hi Joanne,

Is Reactor capable of playing as a VST in Cubase or is it a totally standalone music production application ?
    Is there a demo somewhere to try ?

Banned

jep, reaktor works as a vst in cubase.

Question Re: Reaktor 5---So far, ROCKING

what about demo??

Does Reaktor give you good AMBIANT sounds out of the box, that cover as good or in kind as ATMOSPHERE? Or do you really need both?

Go Back to forum