• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: New Music

Share/Bookmark

OT: New Music

I have a break from a project now (editing delays) and I had a couple weeks to finish these pieces I started a few years back. In one form or the other I play the piano to these compositions (“minus one”) for my Church’s youth conferences. I have gotten good responses in the past from these young people even though it is probably something they don’t really listen to in their cars. They are essentially musical interpretations of scripture stories.

I felt it was time to actually complete them.

Please let me know what you think and of course, any suggestions would be appreciated.

(sorry, the files are a bit large for you dial up users)

Many thanks.

An Ancient People

Heroes of Helaman

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: OT: New Music

Really great stuff Rob. I like that it's not one more Lex de Azevado rip-off. I don't know why, but I figured I was the only LDS regular here.

I sold Lex my D7 (Yamaha Diskclavier) grand pno a few years ago. Really not a bad player. Unfortunately he made his money in arranging for Musak for many years. That's a lot of years of moving your 'style' in a certain direction.

Thanks for your comments.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Thumbs up Re: OT: New Music

Fabulous!

Ok - message to short says NSS.
    Let's try this...

Ultra Fabulous!
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott
    I sold Lex my D7 (Yamaha Diskclavier) grand pno a few years ago. Really not a bad player. Unfortunately he made his money in arranging for Musak for many years. That's a lot of years of moving your 'style' in a certain direction.

Thanks for your comments.

Rob
    Sorry Rob, I wasn't disparaging Lex's music, which I think is great. It's just the fact that it seems to have become the official musical lingo of the church, and composers wanting to sound 'spiritual' immediately resort to copying him. In the same way that every member writing a children's song seems to believe it has to sound like Janice Kapp Perry. I just thought it was nice that your music was different.

Rob,

Great work man! I haven't had a chance to sit and listen to alot of the music here until last night and these two pieces definetly stood-out for me at the end of the evening.

Thanks for sharing.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Thanks Guys for your very nice comments. Pingu - don't worry about it - I know exactly what you mean.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Good stuff. I really enjoyed both of them. I have to agree with Alan, I've listen to quite a few pieces in the last couple days, but these two are by far the most interesting, original, and most enjoyable to listen to that I've come across.
    Tim

Tim,

Well then - thanks so much. I know the feeling about listening to lots of music and then having one stand out. Lately for me it is the film composer John Powell. Thanks again for your comments.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

huge and very nice compositions Rob. Liked them a lot.

Some details on libs used?
    Luca

Go Back to forum