• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Topic: "Woodwind Thing"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Woodwind Thing"

    Fellow composers, guests and lovers of pecan praline ice cream,

    Here is one of my works, of dubious value, called "Woodwind Thing". The instrumentation is that of the standard wind quintet--flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon and horn.

    This is a short study in counterpoint. If you listen closely, you will hear several simultaneous counter-melodies throughout the piece.

    My best to all,

    Larry A.


    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...dwindThing.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Thumbs up Re: "Woodwind Thing"

    Larry you're a fruitcake alright! It's such a pleasure to be able to hear something new and uplifting every morning! Keeps me sane ... well OK, so the whole world's crazy but I'm OK.
    You know, this reminds me of Calliope music at Disney World. Fun, no stress, happy, uplifting and just downright outright bright!
    Styxx

  3. #3

    Re: "Woodwind Thing"

    My goodness, Mr. Mikey! Thank you for your uplifting reply, Son.

    My best to you this marnin'.

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: "Woodwind Thing"

    Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Larry you're a fruitcake alright! It's such a pleasure to be able to hear something new and uplifting every morning! Keeps me sane ... well OK, so the whole world's crazy but I'm OK.
    You know, this reminds me of Calliope music at Disney World. Fun, no stress, happy, uplifting and just downright outright bright!
    Yeah!
    What he said!!

    -Chris

  5. #5

    Re: "Woodwind Thing"

    Another Beaut.!!!
    Either you write REALLY fast,or you must have a big room full of tunes that you dust off and Garritanise.
    Happy upbeat and plain joyful.I loved it.
    regards

  6. #6

    Re: "Woodwind Thing"

    Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    Another Beaut.!!!
    Either you write REALLY fast,or you must have a big room full of tunes that you dust off and Garritanise.
    Happy upbeat and plain joyful.I loved it.
    regards
    Thanks for listening!

    I do write rather rapidly but also hundreds of my works, that I wrote through the years, are on manuscript paper. I hope to GPOize (British - GPOise) as many as possible before I go to that big 'music room in the sky'.

    Regards,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  7. #7

    Re: "Woodwind Thing"

    Gosh, Larry, you're tough to keep up with... lol.

    I am a great admirer of fine counterpoint -- largely a lost art, I sometimes think -- so this piece was an especial pleasure!

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  8. #8

    Re: "Woodwind Thing"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Gosh, Larry, you're tough to keep up with... lol.

    I am a great admirer of fine counterpoint -- largely a lost art, I sometimes think -- so this piece was an especial pleasure!

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Writing counterpoint is just plain fun for me. This work is certainly not Bach but it was a kick to write. If I had been a student of Bach, he probably would have kicked me out of his class if I presented something like this to him.

    Many thanks for listening and commenting.

    Best regards to you,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    464

    Re: "Woodwind Thing"

    this is a lot of smiling fun! it kind of sounds like an organ grinder - a nice happy sound...good work!

  10. #10

    Smile Re: "Woodwind Thing"

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    this is a lot of smiling fun! it kind of sounds like an organ grinder - a nice happy sound...good work!
    Thank you, Josh, of Houston and Philly!

    Regards,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •