• Register
  • Help

Topic: Request for help. Please help me I'm Malling! To buy some new shoes!

Share/Bookmark

Question Request for sheet music.

Really, seriously.
    Would any of you fine musicians/pianist have a copy of Sir Edward Elgar’s “Pomp and Circumcises” G Major, Molto Maestoso. Processional, instrumental Solo Piano for Graduation March? I'm not a concert classical pianist so I need an easy arrangement for two left feet!
    I don't recall if it is Public Chowmain though but no problem.
    I’ll need before the weekend is out. If no one has a copy I’ll check on line or at our local neighborhood friendly old time music stores for old crotchety pianist with no clue.

Maybe if you hum a few bars I can pick it up. I have my ear to the monitor. Ready? Go!

I really would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Also, anyone have a copy of the song Nero was playing while Rome burned?
    Styxx

Re: Request for help. Please help me I'm Malling! To buy some new shoes!

Never mind I found a source. Thanks all.
    Styxx

I actually used to despise Elgar because, in my ignorance, I figured that "Pomp and Circumstance" was the only thing that he ever wrote.

Then I heard a live concert performance of "The Enigma Variations."

Talk about a paradigm shift...FRICKIN' AMAZING!!!

Yes, same here. I never gave him much of a listen until my first teaching job. Graduation and naturally one must play Pomp and Circumstances! Naturally, I became acquainted with the rest of his work as a result.
    Thanks for replying and a pleasure conversing with you!
    Styxx

Elgar... I think he was really hitting his stride right at the end of his life. Works like his Cello Concerto and the unfinished 3rd symphony are actually my favourites from him. Pity he didn't have more time...

Thumbs up Re: Request for help. Please help me I'm Malling! To buy some new shoes!

Out on lunch this afternoon and took an alternate route around the area. I found a music store I had no idea was in the area. Stopped in to take a look around and this old guy (old, like I'm not) pops up from behind a glass counter and says hello. Barely acknowledging him as my eyes fixed on a huge long about a wall high display of Classical Composer Sheet music! There, it was Sir Edward Elgar, "Pomp and Circumstance" No.1 and No.4 along with all his other works for orchestra! How much I asked. "Today is half off sheet music day!" he says with a big ear-to-ear grin. "Let's see" ... regular price 2.50 ... $1.25 how's that?" Beautiful and I snatched it up and then returned to the wall of music. Didn't have time to go through them all but there were books, piano solos, Full scores, all instruments, anything and anyone from A to Z! I have to go back Monday and go through the wall with more time. Some of the music was printed in the 70's and before! The dust on most of them made it feel as if I just uncovered a gold mine but better. And at 2.50 regular price who can go wrong!
    Styxx

According to an article I was reading in the NEW YORKER (last week?) on how recording industry affected music performance, some of his earlier recordings made when he was alive are totally dynamic and exciting and yes, modern...and that only recently are they played so layed back and boring. Might want to jump and find these recordings which weren't referenced...

Go Back to forum