• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question

Share/Bookmark

Question

For EWQLSO Gold do you need a virtual keyboard that plugs into your computer?,I just bought it and Im not sure on how to use it..are there any tuts I can look at on how to use it with a mouse.

Sorry if its a stupid question.

Re: Question

Hi, you can buy a midi controller keyboard, going from 37 keys right up to 88.

They generally plug into the usb port of your computer or you can simply send midi from the keyboard usually to the soundcards midi in.

I think you'll find Gold a lot easier to work with, and more musical, if you can play the parts in. (unless you're a freak maestro that just hears the part in your head and knows the notes already.)
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Re: Question

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cairns
    I think you'll find Gold a lot easier to work with, and more musical, if you can play the parts in. (unless you're a freak maestro that just hears the part in your head and knows the notes already.)
    I spent one hour trying to fix one lousy midi note in the software. Some of the pain due to my lack of Cubase SX skills, but I don't relate (impressed) by those who compose exclusively by drawing in notes, or even playing a virtual keyboard. What's up with that anyway? Is this something you evolve to after working with Sequencing software after so many years, or is it well-defined camps. You are either a live keyboard player or a programmer and will typically/predomantly write one way or the other for life.

Go Back to forum