• Register
  • Help

Topic: Installation Problem

Share/Bookmark

Installation Problem

I'm having trouble installing my GPO. I'm getting an error message when it first begins loading the first disk: "Access Denied error" and "you do not have enough access privileges for this installation". I'm working on a PowerMac G5 in OS X 10.3.9. Any help would be really appreciated!!

Angry Re: Installation Problem

Quote Originally Posted by jpjohn1980
    I'm having trouble installing my GPO. I'm getting an error message when it first begins loading the first disk: "Access Denied error" and "you do not have enough access privileges for this installation". I'm working on a PowerMac G5 in OS X 10.3.9. Any help would be really appreciated!!
    I'm having installation problems too, after receiving GPO from the group buy tonight. First, I couldn't get to disk 2 or 3 because the Vise installer wouldn't release disk 1. So I started over and this time, the installer disk #1 stopped with 3 more files left to install. Needless to say, GPO is not working on my computer right now.

Our problems may be different (or not, I'm not certain), but it's definitely disappointing to finally receive GPO and not be able to use it.

Re: Installation Problem

I don't know if you're problem is similar to mine but I'd like to know how to fix it! I've had GPO for three days now and I've been unable to use it at all. sigh.

Please call me or write so we can troubleshoot the problem. If there's a faulty disc I can get a replacement out to you immediately.

jpjohn, it seems like there's an issue with administrative privileges on your Mac. Try resetting the privileges on your hard drive.

interoctave, not sure why your drive is not releasing the disc. Try copying the VISE installer to your desktp and installing it from there. See if that works.

Gary Garritan

Well, I'm new to the Mac world - so I've been to the mac support site, googling and forum searching and haven't quite figured out how to "reset privileges". I reset my passwords from the OSX install disk and I made sure that I had permission to mess around on the hard drive. I'm not sure what I'm missing - but I still haven't managed to install anything yet. Thanks for the reply, hopefully I'll figure this out soon.

Thumbs up Re: Installation Problem

Finally figured it all out. Thanks for the help. I repaired privileges and now I'm able to load! Yea. Thanks again.

Go Back to forum