• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Yeah...Synful is out for the Mac!!!

Share/Bookmark

Yeah...Synful is out for the Mac!!!

Coolness, I can't wait to try it out in Logic....finally!!!!

Thank you Eric!

http://synful.com/
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Re: Yeah...Synful is out for the Mac!!!

alright! I'm cancelling all my plans tonight!! This'll be great!

Good news, thanks!

wow, it is amazing. I hear why people say it isn't perfect, but it is truly marvelous. This is definitely a technology worth pursuing. I don't think you could very easily port over your pre-existing midi performances and get consistent results-everything needs to be reperformed. The second delay is really a bummer, but I understand why the physics of it requires time to pick the best transitions. If Eric and friends could get it down to say a quarter second, it might almost be playable in expression mode.

Congratulations to synful on releasing the mac version early. Now I just gotta try to find the $479 for this thing!

I must admit that I´m a bit disappointed. The best thing is the violin, I like the vibrato (at least when you play monophonic) but overall this instrument sounds much more sterile than I thought. Currently I can´t see a superiority compared to GPO or other classy sample libraries.
    Tha concept is good though there seems to be room for improvement (not to talk about the "dull" brass sounds). I´ll give it another go tonight to see if my judgement was premature.

Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to this.
    NJPostRoom

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog
    I must admit that I´m a bit disappointed. The best thing is the violin, I like the vibrato (at least when you play monophonic) but overall this instrument sounds much more sterile than I thought. Currently I can´t see a superiority compared to GPO or other classy sample libraries.
    Tha concept is good though there seems to be room for improvement (not to talk about the "dull" brass sounds). I´ll give it another go tonight to see if my judgement was premature.
    to me, this is all about the violin, english horn, and trumpet. The other instruments...eh. I love those three a lot, but am wondering if those are worth nearly half of an Opus1&2 purchase. I'm starting to think this exciting technology is very pricey, at least for me right now.

But Raindog, imho, the solo synful violin sounds TONS better than any other sample library. It sounds like a real instrument whereas traditional samples tend to sound patched together.

Quote Originally Posted by metrobot
    to me, this is all about the violin, english horn, and trumpet. The other instruments...eh. I love those three a lot, but am wondering if those are worth nearly half of an Opus1&2 purchase. I'm starting to think this exciting technology is very pricey, at least for me right now.

But Raindog, imho, the solo synful violin sounds TONS better than any other sample library. It sounds like a real instrument whereas traditional samples tend to sound patched together.
    I agree with the solo violin (but we have to wait for garritans stradivari which could be a killer for half the price) though I can´t see how the expression control via midi cc 7 works. For me it seems to get only loud and soft without major changes in timbre. You have to add some reverb as the violin has NO ambience at all (which can be good as it gives you more control).`I´m not sure if the violin is worth the investment. I was hoping for a nice solo cello but it doesn´t sound convincing: I think you have to COMBINE samples and modelling to get a convincing sounding instrument. Just my opinion though.

BTW: The included Beethoven quartett sounds rather good, the rite of spring.......... :sick:

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog
    I think you have to COMBINE samples and modelling to get a convincing sounding instrument. Just my opinion though.
    Albsolutely, and you can do it now! Mix a track of Synful in behind any sample lib you currently use and it will just come to life. Better than either on its own, garanteed! Synful will add all the nuance the sample lib lacks, and the samples will cover up Synful's slightly weird tone.

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Albsolutely, and you can do it now! Mix a track of Synful in behind any sample lib you currently use and it will just come to life. Better than either on its own, garanteed! Synful will add all the nuance the sample lib lacks, and the samples will cover up Synful's slightly weird tone.
    Fred, I was doing just that last night with my EWQLSO Silver. The synful really brings it to life. You hear the lovely legato transitions and fingerboard noise, just enough to give it that extra bit of realism and expression. Even the cello (which I bagged on earlier) was really really nice in a mix with Silver cellos. It's especially helpful when you are trying to have a melody line, obviously.

If Synful were $279, it'd be a slam dunk. Given my budget, I'm going to have to decide between Synful/Silver, and Opus1/2.

Go Back to forum