• Register
  • Help

Topic: eeek help - having to re-register GPO over and over

Share/Bookmark

eeek help - having to re-register GPO over and over

Can someone help PLEASE. Every time I start Cubase 5, GPO claims it is not registered. I re-registered at NI site (which took hours by the way), and they have sent me new auth codes. I put them in, it says 'GPO is now successfully authorised'. I go back to Cubase and on opening GPO VST it says again 'your system configuration has changed, please use the registration tool.....'. I can go round this circle ad infinitum.

The problem may be related to Cubase, the problem only started after I had to do a fairly messy re-install having to manually delete the following files:
    synsoacc.dll, mros432.dll, pncrt.dll, audioencodereman.dll, nsynas32.sys, steinberg.pkg and re-installing them from the Cubase cd-rom.

Heeeelp!

Re: eeek help - having to re-register GPO over and over

Did ya move the dat file around?

No I'm not doing anything like that. Just:

-reauthing GPO using registration tool
    - it auths ok and standalone GPO plays fine
    - restarting registration tool, it tells me it is authorised and 'confirm' button is greyed out
    - start Cubase 5 - load up GPO instance and it says 'your system configuration has changed.....use registration tool.....'
    - go back to standalone GPO and it now it tells me it is not authorised but will run for 30 days
    - registration tool also now lets me re-authorise - which I do
    - standalone GPO player works again
    - start cubase again
    - load GPO again - go back to square one - it says 'your system configuration has changed'.

Cubase is somehow 'de-registering' GPO or doing something to make the Kontakt player think it is no longer registered/system config has changed. HEEEEEELP!!

Just tried with Sonar and it works fine with Sonar, but 99% all my material is on Cubase!

Well that is too bloody wierd.

I am running WIN98SE + Cubase 5.x. I had an installation problem when I first installed it, but after copying the CD files to a directory and installing it from there, it worked fine. I registered using the tool and even upgraded to the latest versions.

One thing I noticed at the NI site. It mentioned that if I ever de-register a PC, I can never re-register that PC again. Bit puzzling in this day and age of computer crashes, but its something worth pursuing?

You might try registering and NOT run the non-VST version of GPO.

You might try MANUALLY unregistering?

You might search registry settings for any file location problems.

I just dont have a clear idea...

I solved this problem with a drastic re-format of C: drive and re-installation of Cubase 5 and then GPO so thanks for your help & suggestions folks.

Thanks also to Gary, and Frank at NI who were very very prompt in trying to help me as well outside of this forum.

Oh that is an INSANE solution.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by L0W
    I solved this problem with a drastic re-format of C: drive and re-installation of Cubase 5 and then GPO so thanks for your help & suggestions folks.

Thanks also to Gary, and Frank at NI who were very very prompt in trying to help me as well outside of this forum.

Go Back to forum