• Register
  • Help

Topic: What Music notation software?

Share/Bookmark

What Music notation software?

Hi all,
    All I want to do is print a very basic chord chart for a guitarist from a solo midi piano track from my sequencer. Could anyone point me toward the right software to accomplish this please.
    Thanks in advance
    Bryan H

Re: What Music notation software?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan H
    Hi all,
    All I want to do is print a very basic chord chart for a guitarist from a solo midi piano track from my sequencer. Could anyone point me toward the right software to accomplish this please.
    Thanks in advance
    Bryan H
    What sequencer? Most of them have some sort of printing facility, although none of them are any good! However, for a basic chart you shouldn't have any problem.

D

I use a very old sequencer called "Texture" which does not have the ability to print out notation. I guess I should have said from a MIDI file
    thatnks
    bryan H

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan H
    I use a very old sequencer called "Texture" which does not have the ability to print out notation. I guess I should have said from a MIDI file
    thatnks
    bryan H
    OK, my recommendation would be Sibelius as that's what I know best. However Finale is also OK, but you might find that there are too many features in both these programs. I think that there are "lite" versions of both though, so do a Google search and you should be able to find out from the respective websites.

D

One of the lite versions of Finale is called Finale Guitar, and is geared toward guitarists. (I don't use it so I can't comment on it.) Sibelius makes something similar called G7. I think there are demo versions that you can download and try out.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Thank you both
    BH

Go Back to forum