• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: There appears to be a Jazz Band Update

Share/Bookmark

There appears to be a Jazz Band Update

Nice looking instrument list! Not available until summer, though I'm sure it'll be worth the wait

Thumbs up Re: There appears to be a Jazz Band Update

Quote Originally Posted by ben91082
    Nice looking instrument list! Not available until summer, though I'm sure it'll be worth the wait
    Welcome to the forum!
    Hey ben, I take it you are refurring to the Garritan Big Band Jazz library. Well, let me tell you waiting for anything Mr. Garritan promises is always worth it! I'm excited as well as most if not all.
    Styxx

Re: There appears to be a Jazz Band Update

So I've heard! I've been interested in this for a while. Was quite surprised to see how many instruments are to be included given how difficult it must be to capture all the brass effectively. There's everything from drum kits, bass, to electric guitars and piano. Really is a BIG band. Looking forward to the demos

Couldn't see any plunger mutes on the listing

Hopefully they are still in development and will be part of the "subject to revision".
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Drum kits? Yes well, I still like recording and playing the parts myself but there will be some use for them. Would be nice to midi up a Roland V drum kit and assign the drum sound. That would work fine for me but playing in rhythms on a keyboard controller just doesn't cut it! So, if I can afford the lib, I will use all the other instruments as such but play in my own drums. Be cool thing to do though and might help render a more natural feel. It remains to be heard though.
    Styxx

This looks like an outstanding group of instruments. Can't wait!

Jeff

Yep, its looking like a must own. For those interested here's the info...

http://www.garritan.com/jazz.html

Now, just looking forward to hearing it in action.

Oh this is going to be good! I just got in on the GPO group buy and am looking forward to getting that, but I am REALLY looking forward to this!

Thumbs up Re: There appears to be a Jazz Band Update

Wonder if there is gonna' be a group buy for the Big Band?

If so, it wouldn't be for a long, long time.

Go Back to forum