• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Group Buy Final Tally - 1,307 GPOs - Another NS Success Story

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up GPO Group Buy Final Tally - 1,307 GPOs - Another NS Success Story

The GPO Group Buy turned out to be more successful than we expected with last minute subscribers pushing the numbers -- a total of 1,307 copies of GPO sold! AFAIK, this is far and away the largest number of people to participate in a sample library/virtual instrument group buy.

I learned a great deal in the process. The important thing is to work with distributors and the relationships developed. Time and Space was wonderful in doing a simultaneous promotion which worked out very well for everyone. In getting the word out I also had the opportunity to know people from some of the other forums which was a real treat. I also experienced first-hand how good things are at Northern Sounds. I wish Michiel Post success in his Group Buy going on now and to other developers who will follow.

It's great that the number of members at Northern Sounds (and the GPO forum) will be increasing. I am looking forward to the increase in talent and more great music. And it is my hope that as more people enter the world of sampling that they will gravitate to other libraries.

The number of subscriptions took us by surprise. We never imagined it would be this many (I guess not everybody already owned GPO ). We are working as hard as we can to get all the orders processed. There was a manufacturing glitch that set us back but things are back on track.

My biggest "thank you" to those who were a part of the Group Buy. I know that many of you spoke to friends and were active in spreading the work and thanks for your help in making this a successful event. And thanks especially to PapaChalk and DeSound for their generosity and for hosting this most successful Group Buy.

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: GPO Group Buy Final Tally - 1,307 GPOs - Another NS Success Story

Nice I would call that a successful group buy. Gratz!
    Passion for Sound
    http://www.soundreel.com

Re: GPO Group Buy Final Tally - 1,307 GPOs - Another NS Success Story

Wow. The first thing I thought to myself when I saw the final total was "good God." Congrats Gary. Looking forward to seeing all 1,307 of these guys in the GPO forum.
    Tim

Alright Gary, we get it with your four threads and 1,300+ customers. So how about your solo violin, jazz library and GOS 2? How are those a comin'?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Sapp
    Alright Gary, we get it with your four threads and 1,300+ customers. So how about your solo violin, jazz library and GOS 2? How are those a comin'?
    ------------------------- whatever

Thanks Tim and tabbu!

Gary Garritan

Congratulations Gary, this is AWESOME!!!

You deserve every success!!

wow now that's a success story! Congrats!
    Ninja Congrats you too
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Hi Gary,
    Fantastic result and very well deserved.

This result shows us how important the internet has become in doing large scale promotions, indeed getting much more people into buying music software than we imagined. I experienced the same amazement during our first group buy: it is the most effective and user-friendly way to reach your customers.
    Good luck with your new libraries and shipping this bulk!
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Hi,

I would've contributed my $139 but I was looking for the Giga Format..

maybe next time..

BTW, I misplaced my Garriten lites..

congrats!!

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

http://AlanRussell-Music.com

Go Back to forum