• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Full Orchestral Piece

Share/Bookmark

Question Full Orchestral Piece

Hello again, folks. I need your comments about this piece called "The Conquest of a Dream". Please, tell me what do you think. The duration is about 4:30, I know it is a bit long, but it has different parts, be patient...
    Thanks in advance

http://www.eduardotarilonte.net/tari...stofadream.mp3
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Re: Full Orchestral Piece

I think that this is great work! I wouldn't change anything!

Another beautiful song TARI!!
    You have also a great talend in orchestrating!!!
    Beautiful job!!!
    Best of luck,
    Roberto

Thank you moviemaestro and Roberto. Your opinion here is very important for me.
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

TARI,
    I just heard this one, having finished listening to the other piece you posted, and I think your work merits absolutely NO critique.
    I'm sure you'd like to hear people tell you how to make it better, but someone who's gotten to the point you have with this music is likely to get even better at it as long as they keep working. I short, I for one can't tell you anything that you won't figure out for yourself really soon.

Belbin

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

My only comment would be to try and find a way to bring up the warmth and "size" of the lower-tessitura instruments in those broad, sweeping chorale areas...to achieve that pyramid-of-balance shape that really "sits" heavily when a tutti chord is played. I'm speaking of the same sound as a really broad tutti chord on a large pipe organ, where that profound sense of deep bass is present. I hear those frequencies being represented in the bass drum, but I don't hear it so much in the double basses, low brass, etc., when I know the notes are being played.

It is a nice piece.

Thumbs up Re: Full Orchestral Piece

Your music is thrilling and your personality is warm. What more could any film/media producer ask for from a composer? A lower price?

Oooh, a little more Rebecca I hear. I will be emailing her today with your Mp3s.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    TARI,
    I just heard this one, having finished listening to the other piece you posted, and I think your work merits absolutely NO critique.
    I'm sure you'd like to hear people tell you how to make it better, but someone who's gotten to the point you have with this music is likely to get even better at it as long as they keep working. I short, I for one can't tell you anything that you won't figure out for yourself really soon.

Belbin
    Really impressed by your words, Belbin. I don't know what to say...thank you very much!!!
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    My only comment would be to try and find a way to bring up the warmth and "size" of the lower-tessitura instruments in those broad, sweeping chorale areas...to achieve that pyramid-of-balance shape that really "sits" heavily when a tutti chord is played. I'm speaking of the same sound as a really broad tutti chord on a large pipe organ, where that profound sense of deep bass is present. I hear those frequencies being represented in the bass drum, but I don't hear it so much in the double basses, low brass, etc., when I know the notes are being played.

It is a nice piece.
    Yes, I think you are right in some part. I don't spend many time mixing, and lower tessitura is difficult to mix. I will try to do better nex time. Thank you for your advices Bruce
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    Your music is thrilling and your personality is warm. What more could any film/media producer ask for from a composer? A lower price?

Oooh, a little more Rebecca I hear. I will be emailing her today with your Mp3s.
    Hehe...you know the price is always negotiable...Thanks you for your words, and for your work. I hope that Rebecca likes my music
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Go Back to forum