• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to make use of the LEVER?

Share/Bookmark

How to make use of the LEVER?

Hi,

my GPO arrived last week and I like to pratice a lot. My keyboard (Roland A33) is having the "lever" instead of a mod-wheel. But I don't know how I can make good use of it. The way I can turn the lever is only 1 or 2 cm and I haven't any clue how I could do a fine crescendo (or something similar). Any hints?

I know that I could draw the controller-data in the sequencer/piano-roll (I'm using Cubase SX 1.06) but I like to play and perform the data in real-time too.

My only opinion is to resell the A33 to purchase a keyboard with a mod-wheel. Does anyone know the M-Audio Keystation 88es? Is it o.k. for a beginner and comparable to the A33? Short of cash...

Hope you don't get me wrong. English is not my native language...

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Re: How to make use of the LEVER?

Quote Originally Posted by mixolydian
    Does anyone know the M-Audio Keystation 88es? Is it o.k. for a beginner and comparable to the A33? Short of cash...
    Hi There!
    I have this keyboard. I originally thought that I had the higher-up model, but I don't. I am very pleased with the performance of this board. I think that it would be a wise investment! It does have semi-weighted keys, so if you're not used to playing with semi-weighted keys, it may take some getting used to. I also have the Evolution MK-461C (made by M-Audio, I think), which has 61 keys, and is not weighted and I think that it was a little less expensive (another option maybe, just to get you by... ) Good luck

MM

Many thanks for your hints. Buying one of these "tiny and cheaper" masterkeyboards with mod-wheel seems to be an option.

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by mixolydian
    Buying one of these "tiny and cheaper" masterkeyboards with mod-wheel seems to be an option.

Best regards
    I think if you could keep your keyboard (if you like it) and buy an additional one with a nice mod wheel (NOT SPRINGLOADED) you will be very happy.
    Make sure the mod wheel is separate from the pitch bend wheel.
    Your english is very good!
    dpDan

Hi dpDan,

"SPRINGLOADED" is a good hint, didn't know that before. I'm on the way to buy an additional keyboard with an non-springloaded mod wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Your english is very good!
    Thanks for your kind words but unfortunately it isn't. Luck is the goal...!

Best regards

I use GPO with the A-33 controller.
    The A-33 volume slider can be reprogrammed to send Mod wheel data.
    Check your manual for details.

If you don't have the manual, feel free to contact me by email.
    I'll look up the procedure in my manual.

robsmusic@netscape.net

-rob

Rob,

sorry for my late response! And many thanks for your support. I don't know anything about MIDI and its programming (read some stuff in the manual but don't understand anything, seems I'm not clever enough ). Intermediately I've bought another keyboard with modwheel (it's "cheap" but the mod-wheel works well).

Best regards

Go Back to forum