• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: No sound?

Share/Bookmark

No sound?

Hello Forums:

I have GigaStudio just installed and have a MIDI Controller. It seems to be working fine.

When I open up, say, GigaPiano and try to play it, it can pick up the MIDI signal, but does not output any audio. Why is this?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Re: No sound?

Hey, Coliver!
    Welcome to the NS cult!

Do you have a compatible GSIF audio card?
    That's what got me on my first install.

-Chris

Hmm. I have a compatible GSIF US-122 Tascam. So you mean I might need to update my driver for my sound card?

Quote Originally Posted by Coliver
    Hmm. I have a compatible GSIF US-122 Tascam. So you mean I might need to update my driver for my sound card?
    Maybe......I'm not very sure. Probably.....
    Hmm, I think someone else more knowledgeble on this subject coughjonfairhurstcough would be of more help to you. I'm still waiting for the money to accumulate for me to get a computer that can actually RUN gigastudio! So I don't really know the inner workings and such.

-Chris

Update your drivers for EVERYTHING!
    Do all the dumb stuff (amp turned on? Speakers plugged in?)
    Does the virtual keyboard in GS trigger sounds that you can hear? If so, the problem's in you midi setup.

GSIF is one thing, but if it's not a combination audio/midi interface, (ie-you're using a midi only interface), then you need to route your midi from keyboard-sequencer-GS. A GSIFII compatible card with combination audio/midi I/O is needed to send midi from an external device directly to GS3. Otherwise, open your sequencer and configure i/o there.

Belbin

Okay. The keyboard IN GS3 does not trigger sound.

Let me Describe my setup.

My Keyboard (Roland Fantom S88) is has the MIDI I/O connected to a Tascam US-122. 2 Line In Cables are also connected from my keyboard into the US122.

The US 122 is then connected via USB port to my computer.

My soundcard is Audigy Platinum 2ZS.

It "seems" like GS3 can pick up my MIDI signals, but just not outputting the sound signals. I am able to hear sound, such as playying music from Windows Media Player etc.

I'm just not sure why this is happening to me.

Please help. Thanks.

Okay. The keyboard IN GS3 does not trigger sound.
    Do the midi mixer meter vu's light up when you play? If not you midi connections-port, channel, in/out etc. need checking. Look in file/gigastudio settings to configure your midi i/o.

My Keyboard (Roland Fantom S88) is has the MIDI I/O connected to a Tascam US-122. 2 Line In Cables are also connected from my keyboard into the US122.

It's a combination midi/audio card? Good! Is it gsif II compatible? Since it's by tascam, maybe it is. Check their website.

My soundcard is Audigy Platinum 2ZS.
    So you have 2 audio devices! Which one (2Z5 or US122) is acting as GS's audio outputs? Make sure that the one you expect to hear GS through is actually set to be GS's out...File/Gigastudio settings, and the DSP station outputs will tell you where your audio is going

It "seems" like GS3 can pick up my MIDI signals....
    Again-check the meters in the GS3 Midi Mixer view. That'll confirm.

hope this helps,
    Belbin

Have you setup GS3 to recognize your soundcard?

Go to File | System Settings | Hardware Tab. Then check that the Hardware Adapter points to your GSIF card, and that the outputs are enabled.

Try it. If it doesn't work, reboot (hey, it's Windows!) and try again.

-JF

The TASCAM US-122 is a MIDI Interface. Not a card.

The GS is not recognizing my sound card as GSIF. Grrr

Yes, the VU's lights up when I play. .

Ahh. I see. The Audigy is your card.

You will either need a new card, or, possibly, 3rd party drivers. I don't think that Creative makes GSIF compatible drivers.

I've heard of some GSIF drivers for the Audigy on NSS, but I don't know the details. Try a search of Audigy, GSIF and drivers.

Best of luck. It all makes sense now.

-JF

Go Back to forum