• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't register Kontact-2, NI dont seem to want to help.

Share/Bookmark

Can't register Kontact-2, NI dont seem to want to help.

I'm trying to register my Kontact-2 from my other computer but I keep getting the following error message:

"This program has performed an illegal operation
    and will be shut down."

"If the problem persists, contact the program
    vendor."

This message appears just as NI's web sight starts to load.

NI won't respond to my e-mails and I've only got 22 days left. I'm getting worried.

T. S.

Re: Can't register Kontact-2, NI dont seem to want to help.

Please clarify - you're saying that on the internet machine (not the Kontakt machine) you are loading the registration page in a browser (IE?) and then the browser is crashing?

If that's the case, then the most brain-dead simple alternative plan is to install another browser (Firefox, Netscape, Opera) and try it through that one. You could also try it from another computer or maybe going to windows update could fix your problem. Most likely you'll just need to try another browser on that machine.

fizbin

Quote Originally Posted by fizbin
    Please clarify - you're saying that on the internet machine (not the Kontakt machine) you are loading the registration page in a browser (IE?) and then the browser is crashing?

If that's the case, then the most brain-dead simple alternative plan is to install another browser (Firefox, Netscape, Opera) and try it through that one. You could also try it from another computer or maybe going to windows update could fix your problem. Most likely you'll just need to try another browser on that machine.

fizbin
    Thankyou fizbin,

Actually at my age I probably am a little bit brain dead and I think you made some pretty good points. The truth is I don't have a lot of space left on the C-Drive on my older computer to do a lot more like adding another brouser or even updateing my old "Internet Exprorer" (Currently at 5.00.216.???).

I'm trying desperately to keep my new music computer off the net which is why I'd like to register via my old computer.

T. S.

Thumbs up Re: Can't register Kontact-2, NI dont seem to want to help.

Quote Originally Posted by T. S.
    I'm trying to register my Kontact-2 from my other computer but I keep getting the following error message:

"This program has performed an illegal operation
    and will be shut down."

"If the problem persists, contact the program
    vendor."

This message appears just as NI's web sight starts to load.

NI won't respond to my e-mails and I've only got 22 days left. I'm getting worried.

T. S.
    Hi TS, I also had the same problem but not exactly the same as your's. I know what your saying by they dont reply, I think they have a big problem with there support and I just dont know what the problem are but it sucks big time. The best way for you is to call the sopport line, that is what I did and they had me fixed up in minutes. You can get the phone number from the NI site. Good luck.

mandoman

It's possible that your older browser is not compatible with the NI site. You will need to either update or try another browser.

THanks Everybody,

I did finaly get a response from NI asking me to send them my serial-# and System-ID and they would get me registered but that was a couple of days ago and haven't heard back yet. Oh Well, I'm sure it will all work out.

It's kinda of funny, I can get on and around their web-site with no problems at all. It's just when I try to register that I encounter any problems.

Once again, Thanks.
    T. S.

I had a similar problem with the web site while trying to register K2 UPGRADE. I send a support request in last Friday night, this morning my registration key arrived. Copied, pasted, registered.

And there was much ringing of DC Handbells again.
    Andy Finkenstadt, WinXP, P4-2.8GHZ, 3GB, Sonar 4 PE, Sibelius 3. Yamaha CVP-79A.
    EWQL: Gold, GoldPro, Choirs, StormDrum. and Galaxy & Bosendorfer 290, and RealGuitar. And an empty bank account.

Go Back to forum