• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Spectrasonics? ha ha ha

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics? ha ha ha

I have to say that companies making music related software are absolutely the worst. I mention Spectrasonics and fxpansion (BFD) in particular.

I have joined this bbs for the simple fact that since I purchased trilogy, which is not cheap, I have had constant grpahical problems and since I moved up to th latest DP I now have audio problems.

Spectrasonic knows all about this: everyone with DP has the same issues. Now is there only 1 person working at Spectrasonics? And is he buys being a single parent and has two other part-time jobs? Has this poor chap problems of the heart?

How long does it take to fix this stuff and how can they sell stuff that they know does not work properly? OMG the software business is more like monkey business.

ha ha ha? Is the joke on us? Well no. Trilogy is very nice sounding and made me interested in their other stuff. But that single employee, single parent, juggling 3 jobs, romantic problems and possibly missing a leg and so walking with a limp--to say the least--well that chap makes me realise that giving more money to a company like that would really be dumb.

maybe some day they will get their act together: and it will be less like a melodrama.

keith

Re: Spectrasonics? ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by waddo
    I have to say that companies making music related software are absolutely the worst. I mention Spectrasonics and fxpansion (BFD) in particular.

I have joined this bbs for the simple fact that since I purchased trilogy, which is not cheap, I have had constant grpahical problems and since I moved up to th latest DP I now have audio problems.

Spectrasonic knows all about this: everyone with DP has the same issues. Now is there only 1 person working at Spectrasonics? And is he buys being a single parent and has two other part-time jobs? Has this poor chap problems of the heart?

How long does it take to fix this stuff and how can they sell stuff that they know does not work properly? OMG the software business is more like monkey business.

ha ha ha? Is the joke on us? Well no. Trilogy is very nice sounding and made me interested in their other stuff. But that single employee, single parent, juggling 3 jobs, romantic problems and possibly missing a leg and so walking with a limp--to say the least--well that chap makes me realise that giving more money to a company like that would really be dumb.

maybe some day they will get their act together: and it will be less like a melodrama.

keith
    I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with Spectrasonics; mine is the exact opposite. I notice that you haven't been a member here long. Do a search and you will find how many times Eric and Glen have been helping people over the months (years). Please be sure of your facts before you make such strong accusations, as the rest of us would hate to see their marvellous (for me at least) level of support diminished because of posts like yours.

Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with Spectrasonics; mine is the exact opposite. I notice that you haven't been a member here long. Do a search and you will find how many times Eric and Glen have been helping people over the months (years). Please be sure of your facts before you make such strong accusations, as the rest of us would hate to see their marvellous (for me at least) level of support diminished because of posts like yours.

Daryl
    I have been using all three Spectrasonics V.I. s in Logic for over a year now with little or no problems.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

It is frustrating when software doesn't work as advertised. However, I've had first rate, prompt (very prompt) tech support from both fxpansion and spectrasonics. Are you a registered user of their products? Assuming you are, then you will find them very responsive to emails and phone calls. It sounds like you haven't availed yourself of these services though.

As for the one legged etc etc....what on earth are you talking about? Again, if you had had any direct contact with either company, you would know how inaccurate this characterization is.

Sincerely,

Rob

I use Trilogy and Stylus RMX. They are both flawless on my Apple and my XP machine.

I think you're barking more out of frustration...and if I were in your situation I'd feel to do the same.

But you're barking in the wrong direction. Spectrasonics tech support page ain't here. And they have excellent tech support!
    Steve Hanlon, guitarist/composer
    Logic 7, PowerMac DP 2.0 (8- RAM slot model), 4GB RAM, OS 10.4.11
    UAD-1 Ultra Pak
    Lots of V.I. and sound effects
    Apogee Rosetta 200
    Great River ME-1NV
    Blue Sky Monitors

Exclamation Re: Spectrasonics? ha ha ha

Hey Keith:

"Spectrasonics" is really a very cool company, and they make some top notch, excellent sounding audio software. Personally, I have had nothing but GREAT results from their products.

It's not really fair, in my opinion, to "sound-off" at Spectrasonics, without first trying to post your problems on this forum. Believe me, Eric and the other members associated with Spectrasonics are always on NorthernSounds message board and, if there are ever posts about problems with their software... they alway give immediate assistance.

I am really sorry that you are having the troubles with "Trilogy".... Hopefully, there will be a way to easily correct your problem. Maybe you should try posting your problem on the message board.

I feel certain, you should have some help very soon.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by waddo
    everyone with DP has the same issues.

Everyone? I don't.

So, WADDO, join date May 2005, you feel better now, after spitting out so much ugly stuff over one of the most respected and talented sound designers in the world? You must feel proud of yourself that you´ve put your garbage on the net. Big boy.

If you would really like a solution to your -no doubt existing- problems, may I suggest to consult a good psychotherapist to learn how you can most effectively ask people to help you?
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Can't say enough good things about Spectrasonics products (I have RMX Stylus, Atmosphere) AND more importantly their level of support. One of the most professional companies out there IMHO. Believe me, if there were problems I wouldn't be shy about expressing them.

Hope you get your issues sorted out well enough.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Not even sure we should be wasting our breath. This guy is obviously of his rocker. Eric, did you steal anybody's girlfriend recently?

I have all four Spectrasonics offerings and they are simply some of the best products out there.

You want frustration? Try using Native Instruments products on Mac and Pro Tools.....DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!

Go Back to forum