• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Most popular soundtracks survey

Share/Bookmark

Question Re: Most popular soundtracks survey

Interesting!

I consider myself a film music fan, so I was pretty surprised to see a bunch of film scores on that list that I've never heard or are not at all familiar with:

14. The Big Country (Jerome Moross)

15. Dangerous Moonlight (Richard Addinsell)

17. Ladies in Lavender (Nigel Hess)

32. The Dambusters (Eric Coates)

36. The Merchant Of Venice (Jocelyn Pook)

40. 633 Squadron (Ron Goodwin)

Wow! I need to get a bit more educated to these....

spectrum

Re: Most popular soundtracks survey

That's an, um, *interesting* list. Funny that there's nothing by Jerry Goldsmith, Jerry Fielding, Alex North, Bernard Hermann...

Funny, there's nothing of mine on there either.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Interesting!

I consider myself a film music fan, so I was pretty surprised to see a bunch of film scores on that list that I've never heard or are not at all familiar with:

15. Dangerous Moonlight (Richard Addinsell)
    This one is the origin of the infamous Warsaw Concerto. The music really does make the film!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    That's an, um, *interesting* list. Funny that there's nothing by Jerry Goldsmith, Jerry Fielding, Alex North, Bernard Hermann...
    That's because I'm keeping most of their music locked up on my mp3 player.

Anyway, give it a couple of hundred years and you'll see Straw Dogs and Chinatown listed. Worth the wait. Meantime, remember to keep taking your stem cells before breakfast.

Heath

I would have to say that the Anime Series Escaflowne is the most popular, because of it's blend of different styles of music, Gegorian style chior not to mention Modern style Classical Chior styles. The Songs Yoko Kanno Did for it and for the cds are still some of my faves

I liked the Music for Kingdom of Heaven I thought they did a fantastic job on blending those ethnic styles and songs in the Movie.
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Hmm, where is Danny Elfman? James Newton Howard? Why are there a ton of scores on here that I have never heard of and only about 3 that I really got into? This is very strange, because on the popularity scale this list is WAY off. We should make our own survey of what we like in film music because I think we would come up with some more interesting stuff than this has.

James W.G. Smith

Where is Brian Easdale for The Archers' "The Red Shoes"? One of the greatest scores for a film ever, IMO. With some of the other obscure stuff on the list you think they might remember a film that actually had a serious ballet in the middle? Or heck, where's American In Paris??

I'm surprised to see that there are so many films here that some people have never heard of. Obviously it makes me feel very old :>(

Daryl

Go Back to forum