• Register
  • Help

Topic: New tune

Share/Bookmark

New tune

Hi,
    I'd like to share a new composition. Any comments (negative or positive) would be much aprreciated. Thanks,
    PetN

2,76 MB

Re: New tune

This is a sweet (near treacly) piece. In the beginning there is some layering with the bass strings which falls out rather quickly and then exposes the original (and thin) repeated theme which doesn't do anything new. I think you could add more variation to it.

Perhaps continue building another layer with the bass strings for a little more variation. It might be some very soft pizzicato plucks--not necessarily a legato line.

What if you took that choir line that comes in at about :50 and introduced it earlier via pizzicato, and in this way set up the listener's expectation for it when it occurs with the voices later? Just a suggestion.

It's a nice piece. A bit naked and perhaps in need of some ornamentation.

Let's hear some more of it.

Marko

Quote Originally Posted by PetN
    Hi,
    I'd like to share a new composition. Any comments (negative or positive) would be much aprreciated. Thanks,
    PetN

2,76 MB

Hi,

what string orchestral samples did you use here?

TIA

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

http://AlanRussell-Music.com

Thanks for your comments and inspiring suggestions, Marko. I fully agree - it's propably too simple tune and needs more variations and instrument changes.

Allan Russel: Strings - M. Vitous, choir - P. Siedlaczek

Go Back to forum