• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Strings!!!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Strings!!!!!!!!!

Just got e'm from Kirk's site and I gotta say they are amazing. So rich and expressive. They may not cover as much ground as my beloved Gold, or some of the other libraries out there, but man they sound gorgeous.

Just goes to show what a guy with a good ear could produce in the days of 32 megabyte samplers! I really need to check out his newer libraries.

An oldie but a goodie. Well done Kirk!

All the very best,

Darren

Re: Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Strings!!!!!!!!!

That is great to know. I should be getting mine in the mail this week!

Peace

Rik

Darren,
    Are you talking about the Solo Strings or the ensembles?
    The reason I ask - I have the solo strings, which I like, and although I was tempted by the price of the ensembles I was a bit worried about their age.

Tim

Thumbs up Re: Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Strings!!!!!!!!!

Tim,

The ensembles. For $49 you can't go wrong at all. The 24 expressive patch is worth the money alone. Plus there are some nice chamber patches. Keep in mind these were created in the days of 32 meg samplers so there are some limitations. These won't replace a high end library but you will get use out of them. They really do sound lovely.

Darren

Cheers Darren.
    I'd better get my wallet out!

tim

Just ordered mine. Still very useable. great value!

-T

Question Re: Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Strings!!!!!!!!!

Is everyone here getting the Giga version, because I've seen it on the KH site priced at $99 not $49.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by elberon
    Is everyone here getting the Giga version, because I've seen it on the KH site priced at $99 not $49.

Jamie
    It sounds like they are getting the AKAI version.
    Even at $49, I don't think it is as good value as the full solo strings which is only 199 with free shipping.

The Virtuoso strings and the solo strings two different animals. The Virtuoso strings are mostly ensembles. The solo strings for $199 are only solo instruments. I should have clarified that I bought the Akai version for $49. The gigga version is $99 but seems to include some extra programming.

For my tastes, they are going to get a lot of use. Your mileage may vary...

Darren

I'm buying the akai version as I have several other string libs (Gold, GOS, Opus...) and I like certain patches in vertuoso strings. The sound is pretty much the same for the AKAI and Giga versions. The giga version is bigger and has more articulations from what I understand. To me the akai version is a great cheap impulse buy. I will probably buy KH concert strings (already bought the brass) next month when I have the $.

-T

Go Back to forum