• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Wizooverb W2

Share/Bookmark

Wizooverb W2

Any opinions yet?

--Jay

Re: Wizooverb W2

I heard Wizooverb at Musikmesse and was very impressed! It had a great interface, lots of user control and sounded great!

Gary Garritan

Thanks for responding, Gary. I was beginning to think this reverb forum was a ghost town.

I ordered Wizooverb W2 yesterday. I will post an orchestral test as soon as I can so others can begin to evaluate this new software's potential.

Best,
    Jay

I wonder about their claims that your existing impulses will sound better. Could be so much hot AIR (LOL , if you knew the product specs you'd be laughing too), but I wonder.

I was glad to see that at least you aren't confined to the 15 built in impulses that it ships with.

Looks like this technology is moving along. For now (and at that price) I'll stick with Pristine Space Lite and Samplicity. There's a part of me that still prefers the sound I get from algorithmic reverb software.

Quote Originally Posted by JBacal
    Thanks for responding, Gary. I was beginning to think this reverb forum was a ghost town.

I ordered Wizooverb W2 yesterday. I will post an orchestral test as soon as I can so others can begin to evaluate this new software's potential.

Best,
    Jay
    did you get it !!

i also very interested in this !!

please keep us posted on your evaluation

thanks

bump............................!

Mbmb-- I did get wizooverb W2. The interface is very nice. The sound is pleasing and not at all harsh. But I'm still trying to get the "perfect" large hall orchestral ambience out of it. I will try to post something in the next week or so.

By the way Wizoo has released a demo of W2 so you can try it before you buy it.

Best,
    Jay

Here is a link to an excerpt of Tchaikovsky's Romeo & Juliet Overture using the Wizooverb W2 concert Hall.

http://www.vsl.co.at/english/demos/classics/Peter_I%2E_Tchaikovsky/4th_Symphony__Scherzo.htm

Comments welcome.

Best,
    Jay

It sounds quite very good! How do you like it compared to other reverbs?

Your sequencing skills are incredibly impressive. Which version of VSL do you use?

The hits at 1:23 are particularly massive! Are those mostly string up and downs?

Lovely work, this demo has sold me on VSL.

Thanks PanzerD,

I do like Wizoo W2. It runs as a VST so it's easier for me to use than GigaStudio's built-in Gigaverb. And W2 has a nice gentle, smooth quality to it. I have found this to be very helpful for VSL strings which have a lot of high frequency detail and sometimes a lot of "edge."

For the Tchaikovsky I used many different VSL products including Pro edition, French oboe, Epic horns, Chamber strings, Woodwind ensembles and solo strings. But honestly you can do a very large percent of what you probably want to do with just Opus 1, Solo strings, and French oboe.

VSL is a great company and I think you'll be very satisfied with any of their products.

By the way the strings at 1:23 are mostly staccato up down and stac repetitions. (if i'm remembering correctly)

Best,
    Jay

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast