• Register
  • Help

Topic: Leapfrog Audio- Rephrase

Share/Bookmark

Leapfrog Audio- Rephrase

Just a heads up. I just received an email from these people saying that their 25% off sale finishes in a few days. I must have shown an interest in their library at some point but don't know much about it. It could have great potential and the demos sound good.

http://www.leapfrogaudio.com/Rephrase.aspx

I stress that I'm nothing to do with them. In fact I pride myself that I'm among a small minority of posters at Northern Sounds who isn't linked to a developer or to the music business!!

Rephrase seems very close to the Celemony Melodyne but at an affordable price. I don't know what Melodyne can do that Rephrase can't but I intend to find out. (I've just emailed the developer in the hope he might answer the questions). The demos certainly remind me of the Celemony capabilities. Celemony Melodyne is another of those software packages which I would have liked to use but is just too expensive for me to justify.

It does seem that this type of software (or approach) is a least part of the future. Look at synful, liquid sax etc.

Frank

Re: Leapfrog Audio- Rephrase

The demos sound quite useable. I dl'ed the demo, have to try it tonight, sale is up in a couple days...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

I went ahead and bought it - almost instant download and response, but for the wrong version (v1.2, not v1.3 as advertised. Before I could get a message off to the company, I got an email from the programmer, thanking me for the purchase and apologizing for not having the correct links up yet; he also sent v1.3.

Hororable gentlman, and the app seems to work quite well for the little time I've had with it. For the price, especially the sale price, I think it's a bargain.
    Dasher
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    I went ahead and bought it - almost instant download and response, but for the wrong version (v1.2, not v1.3 as advertised. Before I could get a message off to the company, I got an email from the programmer, thanking me for the purchase and apologizing for not having the correct links up yet; he also sent v1.3.

Hororable gentlman, and the app seems to work quite well for the little time I've had with it. For the price, especially the sale price, I think it's a bargain.
    Thanks for sharing that Dasher.....I'm still in a quandry. As someone else said, "So many sample libraries, so little money"

Perhaps it's my Scottish blood but I find it hard to resist sales and Group Buys.......perhaps I can get treatment for this!

Frank

Perhaps it's my Scottish blood but I find it hard to resist sales and Group Buys.......perhaps I can get treatment for this
    Frank, it's not a lib, it's an app - a poor man's Melodyne. Note: I haven't looked at Melodyne for quite a while, at $800 it wasn't worth it for me, it may have additional features, but RePhrase does the auto formant shift quite nicely, timbre shifts seem correct on what I've played with so far, the ability to stretch a note past it's original length is exactly what I need, and I have a bunch of horns and voices that I'd like to extend the range...)

If you don't have Melodyne, but need those capabilities, I'd say it's worth it - especially as today is the last day of their sale. I am part Scottish (and NOT part Scotch, as some have suggested, I'm a bourbon man...) and also have difficulty passing up sales - but then, why should we - oh yeah, food, shelter, all those boring irrelevancies! Someday, Gary Garritan will find the way to sample a pizza and all our hunger problems will be solved - 24-bit for the big eater, 16-bit for the weight-conscious!

And no, I am not affiliated with them, or any other manufacturer/developer/programmer/author. I am only affiliated with my wife/drummer/studio (none of which are the same entity...)
    All I get out of this (if you buy it too) is another user tech-support analyst.
    Dasher
    -------

Go Back to forum