• Register
  • Help

Topic: A non-GPO question

Share/Bookmark

A non-GPO question

As some of you may remember (how could you forget, since I’ve talked about it so often), our CD of Peter and the Wolf is ready to be replicated. (My wife just informed me that Replicators are really, really bad creatures. Isn’t it the guy that is supposed to watch SG1, not his wife of 35 years?) But that’s off topic.

Is it at all important to encode the UPC code on the disc itself? Of course we’re having one put on the package, but I was just wondering what purpose, if any, it would have if it were encoded on the disc?

Karl

Re: A non-GPO question

Karl,

Man, those replicators are E-V-I-L.

I don't know if I've seen bar code's on the actual CD's before. Maybe I have and I'm just being stupid. Oh well. If they're not needed, I say leave 'em off. By the way, how much are you selling these for?

Good luck,
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost
    Karl,

Man, those replicators are E-V-I-L.

I don't know if I've seen bar code's on the actual CD's before. Maybe I have and I'm just being stupid. Oh well. If they're not needed, I say leave 'em off. By the way, how much are you selling these for?

Good luck,
    Jonny
    yea, what Jonny said,,,
    by the way Karl, I'll take three copies when you get them.

Dan

Actually, the UPC code can be written as part of the data stream, like the ISRC code is for each track. If you master your CD with Jam, there is a place for entering this code. I was just wondering if there is any advantage in doing this.

Anyway, the CD will be in a nice 6-page digipak and will sell for $14.95, but if any of my friends from the GPO forum (and you know who you are ) pm me I’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse. They should be ready about the 14th of June.

Karl, please let us know when they're ready and where and how to pay. I'll take at least one copy myself.

Go Back to forum