• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Scoring Noise 2 | Informational pdf

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Scoring Noise 2 | Informational pdf

A new collection of sampled noises that will contribute an air of realism to any virtual orchestration.

Released in June and 100% FREE!
    Scoring Noise 2.pdf

Thank you,
    Bela D Media
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Re: Scoring Noise 2 | Informational pdf

Beautiful idea! But be ready for an onslaught of posters saying things like "aren't those the types of things that producers go to great pains to avoid having in their recordings?"

I like it, though.

nie...

whats the latest on Giovanni? Demos etc

Exclamation Re: Scoring Noise 2 | Informational pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    nie...

whats the latest on Giovanni? Demos etc
    "Nie"?

Giovani Children's Choir Info Thread:
    http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34633

Scoring Noise 2 - Demo - The Recital

Files used

Noise floor no breath
    Breathing #2
    Page turn #3
    Page turn #4
    Chair creek #6

Smile Re: Scoring Noise 2 | Informational pdf

Thanks Bela D Media,
    Perhaps producers want to minimize these sounds traditionally but, they really can breath life and realism into a faux orchestral mix. The breath sounds from your first scoring noise have come in handy when doing flute solos and the misc. ambience noise adds a great depth when used very low in the mix. Thanks for providing these tools for free. I had to get applause from Leotyne Price though... .
    Thomas

www.thomasnathanielmartin.com

Thumbs up Re: Scoring Noise 2 | Informational pdf

It is our pleasure of course.

Here is a little experiment for you to try. Play your favorite score CD and use headphones. Wait for a softer passage. Do you hear it? Do you hear all the little noises? That is what Scoring Noise is designed to achieve. Scoring Noise is the breath before the flute or the shuffle of feet on the sound stage.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Do you have a sample of the second trumpet player whispering to the first that the conductor is an idiot?

Thumbs up Re: Scoring Noise 2 | Informational pdf

Yesterday was the first time i used these noises. I only used one of the "Bed Floor" files. Well.. i don't think i am ever making an orchestral song without these scoring noises again, especially the floor beds, i can't believe how realisting it sounds.

Not only it sounds real, it also helps composition because just playing a couple of notes here and there does not give the impression of a few samples out of digital silence . It gives the feeling that a solo instrument is playing while the rest of the orchestra is preparing or trying to stay silent. Sometimes you don't even need PPP samples, you just play FF samples in very low volume and it sounds real because it smudges with all the soft noise.

It's kinda silly how i am going so crazy just for recordings of noise, but when you drag it in a song you will know why

Thumbs up Frank. Thanks for these man
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by Theodor
    Sometimes you don't even need PPP samples, you just play FF samples in very low volume and it sounds real because it smudges with all the soft noise.
    Well, on most instruments you would still need some kind of filter to simulate the timbre change of the instrument when being played softer. Imagine a crunchy violin part played forte but played back at a really low volume. You can still hear that the violinist is playing loud.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast