• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Choirs Demos Posted

Share/Bookmark

Choirs Demos Posted

Well, as you probably know by now, the EW/QL Choir demos are up.

Overall, I like them, but most of the demos just aren't understandable as far as the words go. There are a few standouts (Dante's Dream, Glory To The Knight), however. Perhaps singing Latin may be too much for everyone, as no one knows what's actually being said in the demos.

Perhaps, they should sing "I want my baby back ribs" instead

Eric
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Eric Doggett
    MoonDog Media
    www.moondogmedia.net

Re: Choirs Demos Posted

We liked THE SECRET best of all the choir demonstrations posted so far.

Site speed was between 5k and 15k per second earlier today when first posted. Now it is much better, I'm getting close to 65k bytes per second from home.
    Last edited by SimuAndy; 05-23-2005 at 08:40 PM. Reason: linkifying
    Andy Finkenstadt, WinXP, P4-2.8GHZ, 3GB, Sonar 4 PE, Sibelius 3. Yamaha CVP-79A.
    EWQL: Gold, GoldPro, Choirs, StormDrum. and Galaxy & Bosendorfer 290, and RealGuitar. And an empty bank account.

Who's we?

I really like what I'm hearing from these samples. The space is superb and gives the choir a huge warm rich sound.

Regards,

Daniel

We is ZombieFrog and myself... he's the sound/music dude at the company I work for. I'm just a semi-pro amateur.
    Andy Finkenstadt, WinXP, P4-2.8GHZ, 3GB, Sonar 4 PE, Sibelius 3. Yamaha CVP-79A.
    EWQL: Gold, GoldPro, Choirs, StormDrum. and Galaxy & Bosendorfer 290, and RealGuitar. And an empty bank account.

Man oh man. An all I have is 50 bucks. I guess I'll have to do some real creative sequencing to make the Vertikal sound like that. Heh. Wonder if I got just the VOTA, and applied it to the V.

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Man oh man. An all I have is 50 bucks.Belbin
    You rich guys!!!

I have zero, null

hey eric.
    yeah, I was not blown away. it's impressive, but there's still a little cheese factor in there. I'm not sure I'd put it up front.
    it's cracking me up that they're being asked to print the words left and right. what the hell's the point in that?
    and there's no incentive for vota owners, right?
    anyway it's nice, but I can live without it at a thousand bucks plus a computer to run it.
    I may see it differently in another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian McBrearty
    hey eric.
    yeah, I was not blown away. it's impressive, but there's still a little cheese factor in there. I'm not sure I'd put it up front.
    I find it interesting that people pay thousands for orchestral libraries that can be further away from the real thing than the EWQLSC is from a real choir but EWQLSC should be perfect. I'm so looking forward to stacking it up with a couple of good singers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Doggett
    Well, as you probably know by now, the EW/QL Choir demos are up.

Overall, I like them, but most of the demos just aren't understandable as far as the words go. There are a few standouts (Dante's Dream, Glory To The Knight), however. Perhaps singing Latin may be too much for everyone, as no one knows what's actually being said in the demos.

Perhaps, they should sing "I want my baby back ribs" instead

Eric
    Yeah Eric - I liked them and I paricularly liked Anton's (can't remember the name of it). But at a grand though, it would need to blow me away - but hey, that's just me. It is good though. I would have to really force myself if I was desperate and was working on a project that had a pre-requisite for a choir. I would get a lot more enthusiastic if it was 500 bucks - which it inevitably will be in time.

I will wait for the VSL choir (if it's planned) with the VSL legato tool combined with MIR, maybe in a year or so and see how creamy that is first.

But good luck to EW - all that work deserves reward.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast