• Register
  • Help

Topic: Buying GS3 In Another Country

Share/Bookmark

Buying GS3 In Another Country

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone knew whether you can buy GS3 in another country and still be able to license it your home country. I have a friend in the US who could send me a copy of GS3, but I'm worried that I won't be able to register it on my computer in the UK.

What is involved in the registration process? If a postal address is needed could I register it in the name and address of my friend but use it on my computer?

Many thanks.

Xander

Re: Buying GS3 In Another Country

Quote Originally Posted by XanderHough
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone knew whether you can buy GS3 in another country and still be able to license it your home country. I have a friend in the US who could send me a copy of GS3, but I'm worried that I won't be able to register it on my computer in the UK.

What is involved in the registration process? If a postal address is needed could I register it in the name and address of my friend but use it on my computer?

Many thanks.

Xander
    AFAIK you would have to register it in the US and any technical help (if there was such a thing!) would also have to be sorted from the US.
    The other thing is I would imagine that it is "too expensive" to be classed as a gift so you would still have to pay VAT.

Daryl

Thanks.

What exactly is required in the registration process. Do you simply enter contact details in a registration window and recieve a key via e-mail?

Xander

I live in France and ordered my GS copy from a german retailer.
    This caused no problem to register it online, and I don't see what kind of issue you might encounter, as long as you have the original cd with its serial number.
    As for the technical support, speaking of Tascam, it seems to be the same (unfortunately....) for anybody in the world, whereever you live.
    ---
    About the registration (from memory) :
    - you launch the registration wizard in GS,
    - you fill in all required fields, included the cd serial number,
    - you are proposed to register online or offline,
    - a "registration" #" is generated by the wizard and sent along with your registration request, either directly from this machine (online), or from another computer -as a created file that you have to bakup on a storage media-,
    - you wait for the registration key, which is sent (5 minutes to 48 hours later...) based upon the generated data that you have sent previously,
    - you enter the definitive registration key into the wizard's dedicated field,
    - you preferably make (as suggested by the wizard at his stage), a backup of the "restore data" which is supposed to help if you have to re-install GS later.
    and this is done....

Quote Originally Posted by sirbellog
    I live in France and ordered my GS copy from a german retailer.
    This caused no problem to register it online, and I don't see what kind of issue you might encounter, as long as you have the original cd with its serial number.
    Yes but France (Europe) and Germany (Europe) is a totally different situation from the US and Europe.

D

In order for registration to fail in the other country, the serial number would have to be somehow tied to a country or region, otherwise you would just be able to register it normally. I haven't heard of anything like this from Tascam.

Why do you think the registration would fail? You could contact Tascam support.

fizbin

Go Back to forum