• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Garritan's Christmas CD Volume II 2005

Share/Bookmark

Garritan's Christmas CD Volume II 2005

Well, it's that time of year.... no just kidding.
    There is just six months before the deadline for submitting Christmas Holiday songs for the second Holiday CD.

Please post what songs you would like to do for this next Garritan Holiday CD.

dpDan

Re: Garritan's Christmas CD Volume II 2005

Oh no! We're only just getting into June, please don't make me think about Christmas already, lol!

Last year's holiday CD was fantastic. There were over 20,000 downloads!

I received so many emails and reposnses from people who absolutely loved it. Some even commented that it was their favorite holiday CD. Thanks all of you who contributed!

Last year's holiday CD had 20 holiday classics. Perhaps we should make this year's collection a multiple CD collection with pictures and graphics.

Let's brainstorm some ideas for this year's CD.

Gary Garritan

It was fantastic and the music was superb. I can't wait to be involved again this year!

And we'll have so many new users around by then. Maybe a 2 disc set isn't that bad an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    It was fantastic and the music was superb. I can't wait to be involved again this year!

And we'll have so many new users around by then. Maybe a 2 disc set isn't that bad an idea.
    I know that I will be contributing. A Holiday CD is one of those things I am planning on doing for a family Christmas Present this year.

Hopefully there will be something I can do that will be good for the GPO one.

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

I'd be honored to contribute something myself... I gather that the submissions should be arrangements of existing Christmas tunes, not original Christmas-y compositions... is that correct?

Steve Main
    Steve Main
    stmain@aol.com
    www.stephenmain.com

I've been working on "All I Want for Christmas", but my revised lyrics need some work. Any suggestions?

All I want for Christmas
    is a GOS II & GPO Advanced Group Buy,
    GOS II & GPO Advanced Group Buy,
    GOS II & GPO Advanced Group Buy, Oh!

All I want for Christmas
    is a GOS II & GPO Advanced Group Buy,
    GOS II & GPO Advanced Group Buy,
    GOS II & GPO Advanced Group Buy!
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Jonny will be there!!

For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

I have a couple of original Christmas songs. I just got studio recordings made of them with voice and piano. One of them is orchestrated, and I plan to do the other one as well. It might be possible to seperate out the vocal track and mix it with a GPO mock up of the orchestration.

If that doesn't work, I dibs "In Dulci Jubilo" this year.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Someone needs to make sure that Carol of the Bells gets done. That's the one tune that was missing from last years CD that I thought should have been there. If nobody wants to do it, I will. I'll take one for the team!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Go Back to forum