• Register
  • Help

Topic: Unable to find driver

Share/Bookmark

Unable to find driver

I haven't used GPO in a while, and came back to it to find that it pops up a dialog box saying "Unable to find driver" when I try to use it. Any suggestion for the minimum amount of stuff I can reinstall to give me a chance of getting it to work again? Or should I just reinstall everything (and hope that Native Instruments doesn't kick out my authorization attempt)?

Re: Unable to find driver

Is this in stand-alone mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig
    "Unable to find driver"
    If you can't find your driver, try using your 3-wood.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Unable to find driver?

Perhaps Chris can give you a drive.

OK, Seriously. Are you using it as a VST, DXi, Audio Units or Stand-alone?

It may also be looking for your sound card drivers. MAke sure you have the latest drivers for your card and that your audio card is working properly.
    Give this a try and let me know.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig
    I haven't used GPO in a while, and came back to it to find that it pops up a dialog box saying "Unable to find driver" when I try to use it. Any suggestion for the minimum amount of stuff I can reinstall to give me a chance of getting it to work again? Or should I just reinstall everything (and hope that Native Instruments doesn't kick out my authorization attempt)?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Unable to find driver?

Perhaps Chris can give you a drive.

OK, Seriously. Are you using it as a VST, DXi, Audio Units or Stand-alone?

It may also be looking for your sound card drivers. MAke sure you have the latest drivers for your card and that your audio card is working properly.
    Give this a try and let me know.

Gary Garritan
    Seems to work OK in stand-alone mode. The problem occurs when I try to run Studio.

Before it gave this particular message, it ran through its sound-card calibration routine and gave it a clean bill of health. On subsequent tries it did not attempt calibration.

I think I found it -- I have an outboard USB sound module that was disconnected. Studio must have been set to use that or something.

Go Back to forum