• Register
  • Help

Topic: EXSP 24 mkII (Logic Express) question...?

Share/Bookmark

EXSP 24 mkII (Logic Express) question...?

EXSP 24 mkII & EXS 24 mkII Just exactly what are the differences between this sampler and the one included in Logic Pro? I can't seem to find any info anywhere comparing the two - with the exception that one is w/Expreess and the other with Pro (I have Express).

And furthermore - can I open utilize libraries that are written for EXS24....or at least advertised that way?

Just curious.

Re: EXSP 24 mkII (Logic Express) question...?

SP is a "player" - meaning you have no way of editing or creating your own instruments. The full EXS24 is a full sampler, with a separate interface for creating your own sample banks, etc.

SP will allow you to play any commercial EXS soundbank with no problems, though. So if you're not creating your own sample banks and patches, it should suffice for you.

The p in EXS means: "player".
    You can play EXS-Sounds but con not edit them or create your own patches.

I found this in the logic-express manual:
    "The EXSP24 sample player does not allow new Sampler Instruments to be created, nor editing of existing EXS Instruments (apart from synthesis and modulation options). This functionality, including all sample editing, routing, and instrument creation options is only available in the full EXS24 sampler plug-in, found in Logic Pro."

And I found this at a swimmingpool in Erldunda, Australia:

You see, sometimes things are better without P.

;-)

Chris Hein

....and, correct me if I'm wrong, EXSP does not stream!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Thanks so much for the replies!

Yes EXSP does stream

Are you sure, Giles? If so this is new.

Perhaps I am wrong but I was informed that it streams and based on the size of sample sets and projects I have been doing in LE7 the thing sure feels like it is streaming to me.

Matter of fact the mere need for VSL strings was why I bought LE7 instead of gigasampler.

Especially since I dont have a lot of memory

Ok here is the deal. the EXSP MkI did not offer streaming, but the EXSP MkII Does.

That is what I remember reading on Apples website and it prompted me to buy LE7 cuz in LE6 there was no streaming.

Go Back to forum