• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What happened to the thread about Chris Hein's new trombone library?

Share/Bookmark

What happened to the thread about Chris Hein's new trombone library?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    It was here earlier this evening, now it's gone???

I've searched to see if it's been moved - no trace.

There CAN'T be anything sinister about this, can there? I mean, it was a thread about a forthcoming sample library, with about four completely innocuous replies on it.

This library appeared to me to be one of the most exciting things out there, with the integrated hardware controller and all. Amazing. I want to know more, I want to talk about it . . .

What's going on?

Re: What happened to the thread about Chris Hein's new trombone library?

it's gone

Quote Originally Posted by PaPa Chalk
    it's gone
    I really don't like this kind of flippant answer you give in these sort of situations, and your use of smilies is really irritating.

Why don't you just answer his question?

Frank

it's ok chris was contacted.

Banned

PaPa Chalk,

I know you're under no obligation to tell us the reasons behind your moves on the board, but don't you think it would be at the very least courteous and more importantly fair to let we NSS denizens know the rules under which we post?

Thanks,
    Stefan

Sorry you didn't read the rules before you joined.

Please no requests for or trading of copyright software or sample Cd's. You will be banned if you do so.
    Please no third party commercial advertising in topic or reply posts any post which violates this rule can and will be deleted without notice. It's not fair to others who are paying to advertise. If you pay to advertise your free to post. Advertising helps to keep this site up and running. If you would like to advertise or do a group buy please contact us at nsounds@northernsounds.com.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=15789

Quote Originally Posted by PaPa Chalk
    it's ok chris was contacted.
    say hello to my little friend

Papa, What on earth are you trying to do with this? It really is like waving a flag to a bull. Surely you can see this. It's not something I'd do to my 'customers'!

Frank

Banned

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware that the message was commercial in nature.

- Stefan

Ok before i GET PISSED Tell me you were protecting the developer here.. Because if it wasn't, and NS has become an exclusive vending machine, I'm about outta here myself.... Please tell, me a third party store was trying to either undercut, or step on Chris Heins toes... Please tell me so I dont have to leave...

Well that's a shame. I suppose I'd gotten used to the fact that upcoming sample library developers would post their efforts here and get feedback. Some of those efforts would go nowhere, some result in some useful freeware, and some go on to become fully fledged commercial products. I don't know whether this was always against the rules, but it seemed to be the normal way of things.

Papa, you are of course free to impose whatever rules you want on your own site (as you are ever happy to point out ), but I can see a few problems with this approach. It could seriously stifle discussion of cutting edge and experimental technologies, because a lot of the people trying to do this stuff don't have proper, profit-making companies yet. They just need to get stuff out there and get interest, and maybe later get someone to put some money behind them that can pay for advertising etc.

I remember when Martin et al were doing the stuff that became SAM Brass, this board was constantly alive with discussion of what they were doing. Presumeably now they pay you to advertise, but it's hard to see how they could have done so then, as just three students with an idea.

And it's hard to see how discussion of cutting edge technologies can take place WITHOUT the makers themselves being involved, or how those makers could discuss the technologies without it appearing like advertising. At least, such discussion would be much less fruitful without them.

For example, what of Olivier's new piano? He doesn't even know if he's going to sell it yet. Is it OK to talk about it, but later if he goes on to sell it you'll send him a bill?!

I take your point about protecting the investment of paying advertisers, but maybe with a bit of imagination you could have some kind of two-tier system. Eg, a dedicated board for "new sample technologies", where people like Chris and Olivier can communicate with their potential user base and try things out on people, on the understanding that they are being watched, and if and when they become proper commercial organisations, they need to start paying for the privilege of exposure here.

Just an idea. I'm sure you need all the advertising revenue you can get to keep the forum open, but I'd hate to see the kind of discussion that makes it so special become compromised because of that.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast