• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Craft (part 1)

Share/Bookmark

The Craft (part 1)

just so you guys don't think all i write is sap...i wrote "the craft" last year...the GPO rendering isn't perfect...string effects not supported by GPO are missing so i tried to do my best in that regard...i imported the congas from a basic yamaha soft synth...there are also some portamentos missing which i didn't know how to do at the time in finale (still have trouble with it )...if you don't wanna listen to the whole thing, at least listen to the last 2 minutes (the best part)...so anyway - part one!:

http://joshuavinci.150m.com/the%20cr...%201%20mp3.mp3

Re: The Craft (part 1)

Josh - I believe this is my first time listening to any of your compositions, I think. I honestly don't remember. . . At the very least I don't recall anything written by you sounding "sappy".

I enjoyed this piece! I like this genre/style of composition. It held my interest. From a sequencing point of view. . . really, really excellent work. Your sequencing seemed to capture the essence of your composition.

Nice work! Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to hearing more of your works! Even the "sappy" ones!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Josh,

I realy enjoyed this piece. It's getting another listen right now

I've never realy tried writing anything in this style before, but listening to "the craft" makes me want to give it a go. Very inspiring. I think this would go so well on a film like Alien.

Cant wait to hear part 2!!

Richard

Josh:

Very well written and an excellent choice of instruments for a modern score. You are right when you say the last two minutes are the best. They show mature writing and the textures are marvelous.

I enjoyed listening because of the built-in anticipation of what should happen next. It keeps the listener very interested. Lastly, your skill with GPO makes this piece come to life. Very enjoyable.

John
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Excellent piece Josh!

There's a lot going on here, it reminds of a tense movie scene. It really grabs the listener and pulls you in. I was on the edge of my seat!

I must be hearing things but I thought I heard a hint of the Star Wars theme at around 3:58?

Thanks for sharing this,

Ryan

Holy crap Josh!
    very cool!
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    at least listen to the last 2 minutes (the best part)
    The whole thing got under my skin.
    You're a master in convincingly changing moods (I'm not talking about modes ). Thank you.
    sfiks

Quote Originally Posted by sfiks
    The whole thing got under my skin.
    LOL...that might be the most awesome thing anyone's ever said about my music...thanks for your compliments sfiks...

...holy crap! thanks DPDAN!...

...composer24 - i never thought of star wars at that part, but now that i hear it, i guess it can be a sort of jaded allusion...

...rhap2...thanks...yeah, those two minutes took a little bit of work - and just wait til i get GPO advanced and redo everything...i'm really looking forward to that!...

...richard...funny, my friend told me he thinks some of it sounds like jerry goldsmith and alien...i didn't write this with any sort of scene in mind - i was thinking in mainly concrete terms (texture, counterpoint, etc)...i appreciate your very kind words!

...efiebke...i only joined the forum a few weeks ago but i've posted several pieces, mainly with a tonal and cinematic feel...but i do enjoy also writing more academically sometimes...the craft leans more in that direction...

thanks everyone for listening and posting your comments! i'll be posting part 2 very soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    ...composer24 - i never thought of star wars at that part, but now that i hear it, i guess it can be a sort of jaded allusion...
    Ha ha, I guess it's just me then... I've got Star Wars on the brain!!

Thumbs up Re: The Craft (part 1)

Very, very exceptionally written Josh! You write for someone don't you? You should. Five star rating all around. I love your use of space and tension, excellent! I rather enjoyed it in its entirety.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast