• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Geez - get a grip. I want my old NS back.

Share/Bookmark

Geez - get a grip. I want my old NS back.

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Not add more oxygen to the fire, but will any of this ever let up?!?!?!?!?!

P.S. Thank you Gary, Frank, and all of the other developers for standing up for yourselves. These ridiculous posts from "new members" or (we know who's) are getting tiresome.

Jonathan Kerr
    J.Kerr Music, Inc

Re: Geez - get a grip. I want my old NS back.

cool ninja! hey just sit tight a week and this place will blow over
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Move to VI control forums

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment.

I suggested this in another thread, but I think I will repeat it here. I believe the time has come to eliminate "handles" and require all posters to use real names, real addresses, and real contact information.

I am sick to death of people hiding behind anonymity. I have no desire to communicate with people lacking the balls to put their identity behind their words. I believe that the quality of the forum would increase immensely if there were no handles or pseudoyms to hide behind. People tend to misbehave a lot less if they are accountable for their behavior.

I would be very supportive of a rule change that requires verifiable name, phone, and address identification, and that provides for expulsion of those who choose not to provide it.

I am sick of this crap. It is time for people to either grow some balls and be accountable for what they say, or to get the hell out of here and let this community move on to the next level. Right now, these childish games are making it a very unpleasant place to be, and this is unfair to everyone.

I'm with you 100% on all points Bruce. Accountability is the real issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    I suggested this in another thread, but I think I will repeat it here. I believe the time has come to eliminate "handles" and require all posters to use real names, real addresses, and real contact information.
    The Real ID Act should prove handy.

And people should declare any criminal record. And mental health record. And, of course, any record of being a failure.

There should also be an entrance exam, to prevent real idiots from posting.

The moderators should meet your parents first, to check you come from a good home.

Then we 'll have us a real forum.

Beckers...
    no one is suggesting anything like what you are lamely satirizing. Only that anonymous posting leads to abuse. And clearly it does, often.

Rob

The real name suggestion is very good, no one wants to stain their future business name with stupid sayings. With their names displayed they would be more careful with what they say. But it's so hard to be done and can't .

Address and all that extra info might be a bit too much for many reasons i believe, eg. i wouldn't want someone knocking on my door because he saw the address here or send me an anthrax letter you know. ( Just because i said his demo reel sounded synthy )
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by rob morsberger
    Beckers...
    no one is suggesting anything like what you are lamely satirizing. Only that anonymous posting leads to abuse. And clearly it does, often.

Rob
    However lamely put, my point is that I don’t think anyone should be required to put any personal details on a public forum. Furthermore it will achieve nothing. Short of actual ID checks, anybody can put up a fake plausible name and address and set up an email address to match instead of the user names you want to get rid of. Those who go under their real name and identify their company will still be at a disadvantage. Or they won’t coz they too can put up a plausable alias.

What identifies someone on a forum is their posts, not their faceless names (or avs of Brad Pitt). People who know of each other outside the forum are a minority.

ok, I see your point (as I didn't before), which others are making on another thread. Don't think I agree...but anyway...thanks for coming back to clarify.

Rob

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast