• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt player stuck keys?

Share/Bookmark

Question Kontakt player stuck keys?

I sometimes get keys stuck in the depressed position on the kontakt player after playing chords or a fast passage. Even after going back and playing those notes again and expecting for them to release, they remain depressed. Mind you the notes are not sounding continuously. Just the keys remain in the depressed position. What's the buzz tell me what's a happening! What's the buzz tell me what's a happening!
    So, how do I remedy this annoyance? Call Bob Villa or Norm and whack it with a hamma? Call in Extreme Make Over and have them build me a new studio complete with optic ceiling FX and wide screen 64-inch monitors? WHAT? TELL ME?
    Ground control to Major Tom....
    Put your Kazoo helmet on and tell me what to do!
    Ground control to Major Tom...
    Commencing Kontakt, PC on...
    Styxx

Re: Kontakt player stuck keys?

Ha! Post a reply to my own post!
    Not that important anyway....
    Styxx

Methinks you're overloading something??

Wild guess. I really don't know.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Commencing Kontakt, PC on...
    You're running Windows, right?
    In that case...REBOOT!

;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Styxx, when you consider how much streaming data is sent via midi, it is understandable that a single "note off" command could get missed. What is surprising to me is that my midi interface has a panic button for releasing stuck notes. Ironically folks mention stuck notes but never a missing note. This "note off" phenomenominal nomenom is an age old midi problemon.
    I suggest Bob Vilamon, he realy knows his shtuff.

dpDan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Styxx, when you consider how much streaming data is sent via midi, it is understandable that a single "note off" command could get missed. What is surprising to me is that my midi interface has a panic button for releasing stuck notes. Ironically folks mention stuck notes but never a missing note. This "note off" phenomenominal nomenom is an age old midi problemon.
    I suggest Bob Vilamon, he realy knows his shtuff.

dpDan
    The notes don't stay sounding per say, the keys stay in the depressed mode. You can go back and play the same notes over and over with in the usual manner but unless you use the mouse (click on them once and they pop back up) they stay down throughout.
    Stuck notes in midi yes are a phi, phino, ffffninom, finome, phinomono, phi-phi-phenomenon of midi for years. Where am I going with this? Hmm, I'll stop here it's been the worst week ever for me. I am about to through my hands up and walk out of this school, get in my car and drive till I run out of gas! Then, well, who knows?
    Styxx

I am about to through my hands up and walk out of this school, get in my car and drive till I run out of gas! Then, well, who knows?
    Make sure you have a full tank of gas.....
    just kidding!

Dan

I'm half way to Neverland and boy what a pain in the .............
    Styxx

Sorry, sometimes I'm too far out in space for such messages to reach me. I think the guys in the posts above have made about as good a guess at the source of your difficulty as I can offer. I've never experienced this one on my system except with an earlier version of Sonar. Anyway, Rocky Jones and Tom Corbett are expecting me to join them in defending the Jovian moons against Cleolanta's invasion forces. The Orbit Jet awaits! Now, if you recognized any of what I just wrote then you are WAY too old.

Tom

No problem.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum