• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: base closings. bushees get wacked!

Share/Bookmark

Talking base closings. bushees get wacked!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***

hate to say i told you so BUT...
    the pro-bush military jesus culture got whacked today from its own!
    old rumsy and the accountants today recommended over 30 major( and a 100 or so others) bases be closed. this will effect thousands of people possible crippling whole towns and ruining local economies.
    what's ironic about this is these are same people that bought the lies from the bush-rove campaign that Kerry would destroy the military if elected
    gives new meaning to the term red states!

Re: base closings. bushees get wacked!

Keep in mind that Bush doesn't care about the following:

* Military bases within the US
    * Small businesses
    * Local economies
    * The little guy

Bush does care about:

* Overseas military bases
    * Big businesses - especially of his friends (oil, banks, military contractors)
    * Wall Street economy
    * Power

By closing bases and cutting pay to smaller contractors, they free up more money that can go to new contracts. You can bet that the existing bases will need new buildings and investments, and that means new, large contracts.

Families will be forced to move. Small businesses will be ruined. Communities will suffer. But this won't affect our military might overseas, big business, Wall Street or Bush's power.

And Bush gets to pretend that they are cutting costs. They're not. The military budget will continue to rise. This will mean lots more money for contractors.

If Bush decreases overall military funding and spending next year, I'll gladly eat crow.

-JF

I'm beginning to think more and more that John Kerry didn't put up a fuss about the fraudulent election because he saw this coming and knew that, fraud or not, there's no way the Republicans could survive Bush's presidency in 2006.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst

And Bush look as if they are cutting costs. They're not. The military budget will continue to rise.
    Jon, you're spot on here. Those resources will go elsewhere (elsewhere being largely overseas).

It just point out the irony that defense spending has absolutely nothing to do with defense.
    - Layne

Our country tis of the...... Signing off...lol The funny part is, America still doesn't get it, We won't know that we are the most braindead generation until it comes out in history books...LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhed
    Our country tis of the...... Signing off...lol The funny part is, America still doesn't get it, We won't know that we are the most braindead generation until it comes out in history books...LoL
    Maybe if we read the history books that have already been published, we wouldn't be so braindead!

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Maybe if we read the history books that have already been published, we wouldn't be so braindead!

-JF
    I have read the history books, and you know what? This generation does not have a monopoly on brain death.

Read Margaret Tuchman's "The Guns of August". Talk about stupidity leading to mass slaughter. And so many of the problems of the ensuing 90 years have threads going all the way back to that war.

My hope is that we'll muddle through this little pothole of history. I have less hope that anything permamanent will have been learned.
    - Layne

The whole thing is, History is in the making at that point of conception, and I don't see too many books having to do with the shortcummings and hidden agenda's of the present administration(point me to any).. I mean, I can read blogs, BBC online etc, it's a book in itself except, Most people watch CNN, and FOX and regurgitate the processed information that they recieve, and take it all for fact... I'm worried if we have to rely on this generation to write a history book containing this era..LoL

"The Guns of August". I'll have to check that out...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhed
    The whole thing is, History is in the making at that point of conception, and I don't see too many books having to do with the shortcummings and hidden agenda's of the present administration(point me to any).. I mean, I can read blogs, BBC online etc, it's a book in itself except, Most people watch CNN, and FOX and regurgitate the processed information that they recieve, and take it all for fact... I'm worried if we have to rely on this generation to write a history book containing this era..LoL

"The Guns of August". I'll have to check that out...
    Books are being written. Here's a short list of one's I've read and can personally recommend:

James Bovard - "The Bush Betrayal"
    James Bovard - "Terrorism and Tyranny"
    Seymour Hersh - "Chain of Command"
    Chalmers Johnson - "The Sorrows of Empire"
    Andrew Bacevich - "The New American Militarism: How Americans Are Seduced By War"
    Michael Scheuer (aka 'Anonymous' ) - "Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror"
    - Layne

As someone who was involved in gathering the BRAC data for my base, I think it's funny and sad how misinformed many of you are about BRAC. First, the BRAC proposals haven't even gone to the President yet, in fact, this was just the DoD's recommendation to the BRAC panel. They get to hack on it and the President only gets a yea or nay vote before it goes to Congress.

Secondly, BRAC is designed to free up resources and close down unneeded bases...the cost-savings were not designed to reduce the DoD budget (which is set by Congress, not the President). BRAC costs savings are meant to allow the DoD to spend money on new requirements, such as modernization, body armor, increased pay for personnel, etc.

Third, the point of a military installation is not to create jobs, it's to support a mission. Is anyone seriously implying we should keep unneeded bases open so some communities won't bear hardships? If so, your priorities are seriously skewed.

I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast