• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do you organize your sounds?

Share/Bookmark

How do you organize your sounds?

Every synth we buy software, hardware, comes with sounds sounds sounds. 100 of presets to use, not to mention a Workstation coming with 1000's of sounds, then there are Sample Libraries that we buy and more sounds. How do you guys Organize it all, how do you know what drums your going to use for a production when you have 100's if not 1000's of kits and sounds to choose from. Do you go through and sample each one till you find what your looking for or do you just say the hell with it this sounds good enou gh

There is simply no way to memorize all the pads, fx, leads, basses, drums, pianos, etc...in a Synth, vst, or whatever, I know you can choose favorites but what if your favorites isn't what you were looking for and you have to go through 1000's of sounds.... , so how do you know which your going to use. I always end up spending forever to write down the sounds I am going to use then start the next day to the production since I spent hours upon hours trying to find what I needed.
    and Ninja uses sounds too LOL
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Re: How do you organize your sounds?

welcome to the we have to much sounds club !!

i feel like you....confused...

i try to make lists of all the presets types i like in different instruments/synths

say flute: "then list all those i like" > say the motif'f flutes are better than the triton....i wont use the triton ones and will try to forget that i have flutes there"

i try and do this for all the main groups of sounds....but i must say....its realy confusing cause when you start tweaking it really gets endless cause i only use a preset as a starting point and then try to create my own...for instance when you tweak a triton flute it can be better that the motif's flutes

i dont even want to go into sample libararies now....

yea I knew I wan't the only one! you bet this is the we have to many Sounds Club and I am totally disorganized! I am going to buy more sounds!
    I know someone out there has a amazing solution to organizing sounds...Come forth ye Person!

Kapow!!! alright thanks for the tip! Synergy543!
    I am really disorganized for sounds.

Go Back to forum