• Register
  • Help

Topic: Keyboard Controller designed for GPO?

Share/Bookmark

Question Keyboard Controller designed for GPO?

If you were to design the ultimate keyboard controller especially designed for but not limited to GPO, what would be your specifications?
    Styxx

Re: Keyboard Controller designed for GPO?

Well, Google up CME UF7 and add to that the capability of transmitting on more than two midi channels at the same time and I would be REALLY HAPPY. As it is, I'm probably going to be happy enough to get one when they actually become available in this country at the end of this month (may). It would be really hard to beat this at $400 usd delivered to my door.

Tom

Hmm, there's even a FireWire Audio Option Board which is a unique option! Interesting but where can I find one?
    Styxx

Sorry, Styxx, my wife's been in the hospital and I haven't been around for a while.

Sam Ash and Musician's Friend, among others, have them in stock now.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomcatII
    Sorry, Styxx, my wife's been in the hospital and I haven't been around for a while.

Sam Ash and Musician's Friend, among others, have them in stock now.

Tom
    No problem and thanks for the info. Hey, I hope everything's alright with the wife? Prayers...
    Looking at the CME the 88 has everything I want in a controller. Alas, at $599.99 which is an excellent price, out of the question for now.
    Styxx

Got an excellent idea for a controller that iam working on. It was inspired after watching jazz painoist Paul grobowski play.

The most important thing that computer based music needs is easier, more intuitive interface between raw ideas and the actual output. They are going to be the groundbreaking events of the future.

After thinking on this problem for years i thought up one that is so simple its scary. . Its probably only going to be usable to stuff like gpo though. Its not a keyboard type input either

I'd tell you what it is but iam going to design it and use it create perfect music with GPO first
    Grim Fandango explained jazz to me.

Everythings OK now, Styxx. She needed a little abdominal operation to clear an adhesion that a bit of her small intestine had gotten hung up in (it's called an "internal hernia") and she came home today to finish recuperating.

Tom

Thumbs up Re: Keyboard Controller designed for GPO?

Well, that's a relief Tom. Keep her comfortable and happy!

As for the keyboard controller, I was given an Edirol PCR-50 USB 49 key controller the other day to try out. The person who lent it to me didn't like it and thought I might. I am not fond of the "joystick" mod control springing back to "0" every time. I want a modwheel. Anyway, as soon as I can get enough money up I will go for the CME-UR8. I like the idea of 88 keys that have velocity and aftertouch.
    Good to hear the little lady is doing fine.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum