• Register
  • Help

Topic: The only thing i would change in spectrasonics

Share/Bookmark

The only thing i would change in spectrasonics

Why don´t you change your regiter policy and give a harware key and no more send response?

I will love it.

All the best.

Re: The only thing i would change in spectrasonics

You would really prefer yet another dongle?

I think if you search this forum, you'll find that this approach is not very popular. :-)

Here's an older one, and I doubt that the opinions have changed too much:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...e+Yellow+Tools

iLok is popular with Pro Tools users, but I will never hand over the important customer service issue of authorizing our instruments to another company...there are huge risks and problems that can happen with that type of system. I far prefer to take the responsibility and costs of protecting our instruments ourselves, so our customers are not forced to buy extra stuff like extra iLoks and asset transfer fees, etc.

Our custom authorization system allows you to run your Spectrasonics instruments on multiple machines SIMULTANEOUSLY, which a dongle does not allow. This is really important for people running systems with a lot of Atmospheres on racks of dedicated PCs. We are one of the very few companies that has a single user/multi-computer license.

The Spectrasonics system also allows you to get instant 24/7 authorizations in most cases, with no problem for new computers, or hard drive crashes, so authorized users are able to get as many authorizations as they need for their use...as long as it's for a single user. So it's much easier to deal with than all of the other C/R systems.

Because of all of these benefits, our system enjoys a wide popularity among our users.

What kinds of problems are you having with the system? There may be some things that you are not aware of that can make using it easier.

All the best and thanks for your feedback,

spectrum

The only thing about send response that i don´t like is that i don´t have internet in the computer i use to work so after format i will have to athorize again.

But after all you said i only can say you are correct, so keep doing all this wonderfull instruments whith the best support i´ve ever seen.

Thanks for your work.

In that case, what I would recommend is getting a USB Flash/Jump drive to store all your passwords, serials and codes for your software.

That way you can easily transfer the codes via text files to and from your Internet connected computer to the main music computer. This can really speed up the process of authorizing and resetting up a system.

http://www.usbflashdrive.org/

It's a super useful device to have if you don't have your music computer connected to the net.

All the best,

spectrum

Thank you Eric!!! If Stylus RMX would have had a dongle I would have not bought it.

I think your challenge-response system is very efficient and fast. You seem to have taken the best approach out of the entire bunch (even better than the NI method with that whole "you can't re-register an old machine" nonsense).

Kudos, keep it up....oh and when can we expect a new SAGE importer update for Skippy's BBB and others?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

I agree with Midphase 360% (that lets the (mid)phase angle go full circle... )
    Your current policy is the most generous and usable in the industry and I thank you for it many times over. I need those multiple installs, as I have different projects voiced on different machines (laptop for live performance, VST box for sound design and experimentation, Mac for sequencing, etc.) and you're the only app that lets me get full use (and thereby, your apps are the ones that get used. )

I, too, refuse to buy dongled software, partly because I am a slob, and lose things constantly, partly from memory of the old days, when copy protection schemes would clash and crash...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Agreed. The Spectrasonics system is the best of all possible worlds. My own policy in relation to CP is: if it comes with a dongle, I don't give a fiddler's how good it is, I'm not interested.

Keep up the good work, Eric & Glenn.

Kind regards.

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    I, too, refuse to buy dongled software, partly because I am a slob, and lose things constantly
    I know exactly what you mean. I've avoided dongle based applications for fear of losing the dongle and some of the horror stories I've heard about them.
    Tim

It's interesting...some people feel the same way about ANY kind of C/R method as well, where they refuse to buy it even when we explain that our system is different from many other C/R systems that have a fixed number of installs.

spectrum

Go Back to forum