• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Why was the following thread closed?

Share/Bookmark

Why was the following thread closed?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Why was the following thread closed, with post deletions that went into 9 pages?

http://northernsounds.com/forum/show...5&goto=newpost

Is this not exactly what was being discussed here yesterday?
    The fact that if something is simply not liked or in any way reflects negatively on the membership base, then it is immediately deleted and/or closed?

Why was my thread deleted?

Why was everyone's bar the opeing 'adulation' thread with the moderators response left standing?

Is this not meant to be a forum of free speech and vibrant debate?

I saw no abuse of any sort that would entail deleting and closing procedures.

How about an explanation to the member base as to why the exact topics we were discussing here, that pertain to this type of censorship, then subjected to exactly that, censorship?

I assume pretty much from my post in the above thread that almost everything I claimed is actually true.

This is not a fair forum with rules for all. This is a biased froum designed to accommodate the developers and companies that seem to be represented here.
    It is not for users of the products that are so openly marketted here. It is not for clients, and it certainly does not exhibit any form of fair play, unbiased treatment or honest and vibrant debate.

The closing and deletion of the thread and the posts therein only enforces what is being said about this forum on the net, and what was being discussed in the thread.

I assumed a level headed debate would ensue after my post, but it is clearly evident that everything I claimed is actually true.

Why were none of my claims answered? I put in a courteous post with great care to not offend anyone in particular, and no rudeness of any sort, and still it was deleted.

Why do you do excatly what other forums on the net claim you do: delete threads that do not conform to the clique's mindset, close threads that question certain behaviour, delete threads that directly question a manufacturer or developer, ban people that have shown a courteous and genuine approac in having a genuine question answered?

I am sure this thread will get closed and deleted and I am awaiting banning orders.

Re: Why was the following thread closed?

I'm with the administrators on this one. These guys try their very best to make this forum the best place possible for the largest possible group of people and that inevitably means some people will feel left out.

I've seen forum administrators pack it in, just because they couldn't handle the amount of slack they were getting, when all they were trying to do is maintain an active community. Surely, we wouldn't that to happen to NS?

And just to add a very personal sentiment here: after my own experiences with EastWest, I feel northernsounds is much better without these clowns anyway. These people are a disgrace to the sampling world...

they moderate the forum if a thread is getting out of hand if the people are pushing it then it's time ban and close the thread. Thank God for them
    and Ninja! I just like the Ninja LOL
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeCat
    they moderate the forum if a thread is getting out of hand if the people are pushing it then it's time ban and close the thread. Thank God for them
    and Ninja! I just like the Ninja LOL
    StrangeCat,

Since this thread will be zapped anyways...let's veer OT.

You're a JPop Fan....do you have any of Hideki Matsutake Logic System?

I wrote some songs for him "XY" and "TalkBack" and I'm trying to find a copy. I still get royalties but I have no copy of the songs.

Since this will get zapped....you can e-mail me at:
    Synergy543@comcast.net

Synergy, I am talking about deleting 9 pages of posts, of which my post was the last post, so obviously my post must have hit a nerve.

Unless, of course, there were other posts after mine which put the whole thread into disarray.
    However, that does not entail the deletion of an entire thread that raised some very valid points.

I am aware that there were a lot of arguments and some negative vibes in that thread, but none that warranted an entire thread deletion.

I am a member in a number of forums and have seen rude and poor behaviour that did deserve to be deleted, but I did not see any of that in yesterday's thread.

I raised some very important points pertaining to new member positions and treatment in these forums, and then deletion took place.

Surely a healthy debate and the concerns of newbies warrants answers, even if they may be negative.

Yesterday's thread began as another backslapping thread, that then succumbed to a few egos that ended up flaming each other, again, not in any way that would warrant the deletion of the thread. But the thread did develop into a genuine debate about why certain members have been banned and posts deleted. All this a reflection of NS's standing on the intranet.
    The intitial post in the thread basically rejected and abused other forums on the net, only because they had the temerity to question certain actions by NS moderators and members towards the clientbase.

My post raised genuine concerns about the treatment of new members and the treatment of clients by manufacturers and developers in these forums.
    I also raised an example that recently took place, and that must have annoyed the 'big boys' here, and I feel that that is what got the thread deleted.

I then went on to make statements about the 'clique' factor here and how newbies are not welcomed, and in many cases, ignored, until the 'clique' see it fit to acknowledge their existence.
    Does that warrant deletion?

I also made the point that this forum is the exact type of solution needed on the net whereby customers can directly liase with developers and manufacturers, but I also balanced that with the fact that this rarely happens. The only time developers discuss matters with the clientbase is either after they have been complimented or they have something to sell.
    This place has become a chatroom for certain huge ego members, and the rest have to brown-nose their way into a response.

I could be way off the mark here but I genuinely feel that this forum is a closed forum containing a select few members using this space purely as a platform to market their products, and if that is ever seen to be challenged posts are then deleted and entire threads closed.

Surely that is not healthy?

With the exception of a few members who took the handbag route yesterday, I saw no reason to close the entire 9 page thread. If anything it was becoming an interesting debate.
    I would very much like the mods here to put their sensitive nature aside and actually respond to these remarks instead of using the carte blanche method of closing and deletion.

Quote Originally Posted by synergy543
    StrangeCat,

Since this thread will be zapped anyways...let's veer OT.

You're a JPop Fan....do you have any of Hideki Matsutake Logic System?

I wrote some songs for him "XY" and "TalkBack" and I'm trying to find a copy. I still get royalties but I have no copy of the songs.

Since this will get zapped....you can e-mail me at:
    Synergy543@comcast.net

Sadly true....

Quote Originally Posted by Samplecraze
    Sadly true....
    Maybe this is what you were looking for?
    http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34413

After a while here, if you "survive" you you get kind of numb...don't take it so seriously. Its like Vienna before the war. If some of your friends disappear...so what?...get a life....we didn't need Uncle Schwatz anywho. If you're looking for "healthy conversation" its best to look elsewhere.

If you just want more "juicy threads" there's more on VI but I can't give you the link ...Papa says no.

Synergy543 I sent you a crazy email so don't freek out as I freek Out LOL

hey SampleCraze I am newbe even if this thing says Senior member it's Full of Sh*** I am total newbe I am trying to get job trying to find work for music and wriitng for free, there are so many major professionals on here, I reply to what i think i can reply to and give some advice and help out, but most of the threads are sort of beyond me so I stay out
    I don't get involved with heated debates or pay attention to them.
    I deffinitly a newbe on these forums. if I am welcomed or not doesn't matter to me. I just hope I learn something here and find some work or get some ideas about the industry. and whatever. Really I just want Japan

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast