• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The "Crash" Film Score

Share/Bookmark

The "Crash" Film Score

We've posted some interesing news with MP3s and Video about Mark Isham's score for the amazing film "Crash", that heavily features Spectrasonics:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/pronews/

I'd HIGHLY recommend seeing the film too....it's really remarkable. It's the sort of film you think about and talk about for days afterwards. (a rarity indeed these days!)

spectrum

Re: The "Crash" Film Score

Thanks EP !
    I really appreciate this. Always like to hear what the pros are doing with VST's and Sample Libraries.

The score sounds excellent! Hopefully there will be a soundtrack album.

Are you talking about the Paul Haggis "Crash" or the David Cronengerg "Crash"?

The new Paul Haggis film "Crash".

Check out the link :-)

http://www.spectrasonics.net/pronews/

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by xenoble
    The score sounds excellent! Hopefully there will be a soundtrack album.
    Yes!

Coming next month:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...746438-0689561

spectrum

Wow Eric, those sound really good. Congrats.

From the ads I've seen on Simpson's commercial breaks it looks like the movie's being hailed as one of the best this year.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Thanks! :-)

It's cool...I've been a big Mark Isham fan since I was a kid too! All the way back to his Group 87 days with Terry Bozzio and Patrick O'Hearn.

It's always really gratifying to have our sounds used in such a tasteful way and so prominently, but especially so when it's on a great, high-quality project like this.

The message of the film is powerful and one I really believe in too. It's very rare to have a film show characters that are as complex and three dimensional as real people are.

So yeah...it's pretty cool :-)

spectrum

Good for you (and your team) Eric! Not to mention you make it pretty easy to cheer on a nice guy's company. Some developers think it doesn't matter to have a sort of personal connection with the products you developers sell and to the clients you sell them to, but it sure helps to have that "face" on your products (as a developer) IMO.

But besides that, you guys (Spectrasonics) make some of the most intuitive stuff I use. So I agree with Mark. It easy, yet powerful at the same time. And they sound great, most importantly. What's worse than a friggn confusing app that sounds like crap....

I am surprised, sort of, that they'd use sampled solo voice for such a high dollar film, but hey whatever works. Speaks well of your product....

I plan to see that film, it looks interesting..... not to mention the director is a CAA client, so I hope the film does VERY well!

BTW--- what's with all that freeway shooting down in your neck of the woods, off the 55. Crazy......

KID

Quote Originally Posted by kid-surf
    I am surprised, sort of, that they'd use sampled solo voice for such a high dollar film, but hey whatever works. Speaks well of your product....

KID
    Maybe Mark just didn't want to deal with flying a singer in from the mideast. That kind of voice isn't easy to come by.

Cheers,

Jose

Go Back to forum