• Register
  • Help

Topic: from creative to gigastudio gsif

Share/Bookmark

from creative to gigastudio gsif

hi there
    for people who have creative ASIO soundcards and want to start using GigaStudio (therefore needing GSIF drivers) , which soundcards would you recommend that support the gigastudio GSIF drivers (therefore not creative ones) , and that are not expensive he he he

thanks loads
    Jav

Re: from creative to gigastudio gsif

Look into M-Audio line of PCI interfaces.
    Styxx

hi,
    for almost every creative internal card built on emu10k1 or emu10k2 DSP, you can run kx driver. they are :
    -far better and powerfull than the regular creative ones
    -Gsif compatible
    -Asio enhanced (low latency easily acheived)
    -free and updated

thank u all, yes I heard of these kx project drivers, however tell me, I guess it will work still better a native gsif card than a creative with the kxproject, isnt that true? or not? u tell me, a friend told me that he installed those kx drivers and gigastudio worked perfect but he had some problems with the audio inputs or something like that afterwards,
    thing is, are those kxdrivers just patches to kind of make it work, or do they really make the thing equal to having a native gsif card ?

thanks
    Jav

Quote Originally Posted by tresic
    hi,
    for almost every creative internal card built on emu10k1 or emu10k2 DSP, you can run kx driver. they are :
    -far better and powerfull than the regular creative ones
    -Gsif compatible
    -Asio enhanced (low latency easily acheived)
    -free and updated

Do yourself a favor and pick up an Audiophile 192 for 150 bucks. Go native GSIF if you're going to go the Giga route. Don't know why you want to since Kontakt is better.

thanks Joseph, well, Im still quite new in this world and Im looking around at sample libraries and its like most of them use gigastudio , thats what I seem to find, so many of them , and I always hear giga giga giga everywhere, so thats why I thought in getting a gsif card, so maybe u can clarify for me, whats kontackt vs giga , who uses each of them, can kontakt load giga and viceversa, giga streams from hard disk, and kontakt? for example I think GOS use giga true , or not?
    thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Do yourself a favor and pick up an Audiophile 192 for 150 bucks. Go native GSIF if you're going to go the Giga route. Don't know why you want to since Kontakt is better.

Go Back to forum