• Register
  • Help

Topic: Closing Night.

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Closing Night.

In a word that I seem to use quite often ... AWESOME! The house almost sold out Friday night. Saturday night, SOLD OUT! Many compliments on the music and some even asked where we had the orchestra.
    Such a fitting end to fifteen years as musical director for this organization. Now, I must sit back and get over the feelings that have suddenly surfaced. I tell you, if you ever get the opportunity to direct, do it! No matter how little or huge ... do it! It's the greatest!
    Wish you could have all been there.
    (I am still recovering from the cast party. Woooo!)

Oh, but Auntie Em ... There's no place like the Theatre!
    Styxx

Re: Closing Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Wish you could have all been there.
    Wish I could have too. Sounds like a great show. I guess you should always go out on top and it sounds like you did. Congrats on a great couple of shows.
    Trent P. McDonald

Congratulations Styxx!

It's great knowing that the show was a success - I know
    that it wouldn't have been without you and all of your hard work I wish that I could have seen it
    Now, in your "retirement" you can look back and proudly say..."Damn, I'm good" Congrats!!

Styxx,

Congratulations for what I'm sure was a wonderful experience for you and your cohorts. Joani and I go up to New England a couple of times a year to see family, and have talked about taking the very long rout through upstate New York, and timing a trip at the same time as one of your shows. Joani has done a lot of amateur theatre in the past and we always enjoy seeing kids putting their hearts into such performances as you had last weekend. But alas, the curtain has come down for the last time on this part of your life. I can only imagine what a hoot it must have been for those who worked with you.

We wish you more opportunities like this in the future.

Best wishes,

Karl

Thanks everyone and sorry Karl. Maybe in the near future.
    I was just asked by one of the teachers this morning what would keep me in theatre? Regardless of my leaving the West Seneca Youth Theatre, I haven't left the option of directing for another organization if the opportunity was presented even as early as today. But, it would have to be an organization with a facility that has it's own stage! Not having a stage to rehearse on was the most frustrating part of the fifteen years as musical director. Last weeks dress rehearsals were, set up and tear down every night until Friday! The school we were using naturally had their own programs during the week and we could not leave our sound equipment, staging, costumes, and everything else involved set up over night until Friday. At the end of Saturday nights performance there was no time to stop and talk. Everyone had to tear down, pack up and get out ASAP! Having a facility with it's own stage, costume dept, and studios would be a Godsend. Just once I would like to experience it.
    Anyway, enough complaining. We did all right for the conditions! Back tonight to finish taking down the backdrops and clearing the props. There is one thing I want to get back to now that I have time, piano lessons. Trouble is finding a good private teacher.
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: Closing Night.

Hi Styxx, I'm glad that you retired with such huge success!

I'm sure that the shows were fantastic and rewarding both for the performers and the audience.

Again congrats my friend!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Congratulations Styxx!!

Sounds like a real success.

When people asked where you had the orchestra, what did you tell them?

Now that you are retired what's next? I hear there's an opening in the GeezerSqeezer's accordian club.

Glad it went well and you're back in Kansas.

Gary Garritan

When people asked where you had the orchestra, what did you tell them?
    Well, actually I had my copy of GPO in my case at the time. When asked, I would first tell them and when they would look at me funny, "I don't get it?", I would take out my copy. Two of the local music teachers wrote down information. Another said, "I have an Yamaha auto arranger that has the same sounds." Gee Gary, I didn't know that!
    Oh, yes I forgot to mention one man asked if he could borrow it to burn his own copy. Really, dahhhhhh here ya go pal, ahhhhhhhh, just give it back when you're done pirating other peoples work, dahhhhhhh. What do I look like Patrick from Sponge Bob? I just laughed at him and locked it back in my case. Some people have the nerve.
    Styxx

Anyway, congratulations on the closing night!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thumbs up Re: Closing Night.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin

Anyway, congratulations on the closing night!
    Ha! That's great! It's me all over!
    Thanks Sean~!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum