• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Notation Software

Share/Bookmark

Question Notation Software

I've been looking into notation software for my dodgy old mac G3 but the price tag of Sibelius 3.0 is pretty frightening. Is there anywhere I could get an older version (Say 2.0) of Sibelius at a reduced price?

Let me know and thanks in advance.

Re: Notation Software

Tumababa,

Check eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumababa
    I've been looking into notation software for my dodgy old mac G3 but the price tag of Sibelius 3.0 is pretty frightening. Is there anywhere I could get an older version (Say 2.0) of Sibelius at a reduced price?

Let me know and thanks in advance.
    What sort of things are you expecting to use software for? There is a Student version of Sibelius that has reduced features, but all the files are openable in the main version.

Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by korgsp200
    try www.notionmusic.com

the mac version is coming up

but it is great...
    This seems a bit of a fudge to me. The scores on the website look horrible and the sound is worse that a properly sequenced performance (with decent sounds). If you already have a sample library you should stick with that.

Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by korgsp200
    that was just a demo in mp3..

but trust me it is fabulous...

once you get used to it...

This library has the variations more than any sample library in the worls..

I was working for notion for a year.. editing ..

please try it
    But it looks horrible.............................

Daryl

I've been a diehard Encore user for over a decade now, along with several thousand others who refuse to give it up(Encore's creator Passport went belly-up a few years back and the assets were bought by G-Vox, who continues to update and support it). I've tried like the devil to work with Finale but I keep going back to the incredibly intuitive Encore interface, and as long as it's supported, will continue to use it religiously.
    a $120k business degree will get you a job on Wall Street - a $120k Berklee degree will get you a job on Beale Street...

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    What sort of things are you expecting to use software for? There is a Student version of Sibelius that has reduced features, but all the files are openable in the main version.

Daryl
    Student Sibelius has reduced features? Wow, I didnt know that! If its not too much trouble, can you tell me what they are, or where I could find a side by side comparison?

I´ve the educational version of Sibelius and it has all features. (is there any difference between educational and student version?)

Best,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by JT3_Jon
    Student Sibelius has reduced features? Wow, I didnt know that! If its not too much trouble, can you tell me what they are, or where I could find a side by side comparison?
    I'm not really sure but I believe that part extraction requires more effort. I'm sure that it will be explained on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by MCS
    I´ve the educational version of Sibelius and it has all features. (is there any difference between educational and student version?)

Best,
    Michael
    AFAIK the educational version is identical to the professional version; just a lot cheaper :>))

Daryl

Notion looks interesting, but there is ZERO information on their web site
    other than a handwaving demo. They could put some details or a manaul or something up there. I've baked off FINALE and SIBELIUS, but so far I've stuck with the free version of Overture that came with GPO, the others I've tried have enough annoying features that I've not felt necessary to pay more to upgrade.

Go Back to forum