• Register
  • Help

Topic: Apple UK Stinks on Ice!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down Apple UK Stinks on Ice!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Just basically a friendly announcement that may or may not be of interest, especially to forum members in the UK. Apple UK -

STINK ON F***ING ICE!

Apple UK have absolutely no idea about customer service or customer care and basically follow the Apple Corporate Crap line. The staff have no idea about sales and are just order takers.

If you wish to purchase an Apple computer, then I suggest a good third party retailer. In other words, cut Apple UK out of the loop and flush them down the bog.

This is just my opinion of course, but Apple UK suck to high heaven and their staff embroider the truth through their back teeth.

That is all.

Many thanks.

Re: Apple UK Stinks on Ice!

What actually happened, Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    What actually happened, Paul?
    Well suffice to say Nick, without getting into long drawn out details that will bore the pants off you and everyone else, briefly -:

The computer was not for me first of all and is for a family member that uses the net for professional and commercial reasons. Non musical.

Computer ordered on the phone - not online. The guy said fine - it will be built to your specifications. (Great - that's fine by me)

Promised a delivery date of 5 working days. (OK - fine thanks)

Arrived after 19 working days. (OK - I'll accept that holdup - that's life)

In the meantime, BT had delivered wireless broadband and hardware and Crucial had delivered 2 gigs of ram which sat on a shelf for weeks while we waited for Apple UK.

After 10 days, phoned Apple UK to find out what had happened. They never called back and the guy I dealt with was never available, even though he gave us his extension at the point of sale.

Computer finally arrived - fully loaded with a French operating system, French bluetooth mouse and keyboard, French operating manuals. (Tremendous!)

I rang Apple UK immediately and gave them the order number - immediately, without me saying a word, the girl said - it seems you have a French operating system (work that one out, because I can't). Weird.

They offered to replace but said that would take up to and maybe beyond 21 working days. Or they would send an operating system (not Tiger btw) and another keyboard and mouse.

She said this can happen when you order things online - you can accidently input another language or something. HuH??? Online??? ^%&&**&(* bitch!

This is supposed to be a computer that has been built by order??????

Cancelled the whole thing in the end and was told that the money would be refunded back into the credit card account in approximately 3 weeks time. Huh????? That is not UK rules, believe me.

The shippers will pick it up in 3 to 5 working days. (Terrific)

No apology and no offer of compensation from Apple UK. Nada.

And this is just a monograph of what happened.

F**k Apple UK and all that sail in them bigtime. They have no idea what they are doing.

Thats some very poor service.... Sounds like Incompetence at every level there...

As a practical matter, can't you just change the language preference? Go into System Preferences and click on the International (Internationale?) icon.

And Bob's your uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    As a practical matter, can't you just change the language preference? Go into System Preferences and click on the International (Internationale?) icon.

And Bob's your uncle.
    Absolutely gentleman and thanks. The trouble is Nick - where has the computer been? Where has it come from? What is that all about? Built for whom?

These are the type of things that go through one's head. If it was down to me, then maybe I would consider that - but it's not mine and I feel responsible for this bollocks and incompetence from Apple UK.

Go Back to forum