• Register
  • Help

Topic: Standard Technique for Initial Keyswitch/Controller Settings in Sequencer?

Share/Bookmark

Standard Technique for Initial Keyswitch/Controller Settings in Sequencer?

Is there a standard technique for inserting the initial Keyswitch/Controller settings in tracks in a sequencer (Cubase SX)?

For example, should I put a blank measure in front, and put the initial data in there?

Also, does an initial mod-wheel entry have to be in this measure (GPO)? Does this data have to match the modwheel setting for the first note of the track? What is the standard way to set this up?

Thank you.

Re: Standard Technique for Initial Keyswitch/Controller Settings in Sequencer?

I always have one measure before the song starts. This gives time to send initial controller settings, keyswitches, etc. Also, it will help eliminate little glitches in tempo for the first beat of the song.

Re: Standard Technique for Initial Keyswitch/Controller Settings in Sequencer?

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    I always have one measure before the song starts. This gives time to send initial controller settings, keyswitches, etc. Also, it will help eliminate little glitches in tempo for the first beat of the song.
    Most electronic musicians I know do what Haydn does. It makes things a lot easier except when considering measure numbers. If you are into scores that much, offset your measure numbers so that the first measure of a composition is free as Haydn points out. You will be as happy as we are and hassle-free........believe me.

John
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum